Alden for BB Shell Tassle Loafer fit....

Oldsport

United States
New Jersey
Swedesboro
I just received my Alden for BB Shell Tassel Loafers from the ebay seller posted a while ago. I ordered a size 10D. The length is spot on. However, I am getting some what I consider substantial hell slip/rise when walking. I laid two tongue pads and while significantly reduced, I still get 'some' slippage. Will this subside upon further breaking in or should I not risk the $$ and just send back and give up on Alden? I think their heels are just too wide for me.

FLMike

Connoisseur
United States
FL
West Coast
I wore my new pair for the first time this week (wearing them now), and they fit absolutely perfectly from the very first step. Zero break-in required and no heel slip. I wear 9.5D in these and 9D in the BB/Alden LHS.

Beautiful shoes, aren’t they?

Oldsport

United States
New Jersey
Swedesboro
They are really nice! I love them. I wore them most of the afternoon around the house and they started to settle down. I did have tongue pads sitting in there though. Having said that, I even need tongue pads on all of my AE, Sperry, and LL Bean shoes.

I only wish I hadn't pulled the trigger on the AE Grayson in Oxblood a few months ago. Not too crazy about that Oxblood color but I got them for a great price. Suffice it to say that the BB Tassels are likely my last dress shoe purchase in this lifetime...

Oldsport

United States
New Jersey
Swedesboro
It's a shame; these shoes are beautiful but just do not fit me. I'll either return or sell again on ebay to recover my costs.

katch

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
New York
New York
It's a shame; these shoes are beautiful but just do not fit me. I'll either return or sell again on ebay to recover my costs.

Go up in length and down in width a size or 2.

Cowtown

United States
Texas
Fort Worth
In my opinion the heel slippage will only get worse over time. I had that issue with the Alden/BB full strap loafer with the lower vamp (684?).

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
I've yet to encounter a pair of Alden shoes that fit me well. And the most common problem is too much volume in the heel. My impression is that the heels are not only wide, but the distance from where the foot breaks to the back of the heel is also ample. I know Alden makes a variety of lasts, but not a huge variety of models in each. I've tried enough different Aldens at this point to understand there's little point in continuing to experiment when I can purchase a quality pair of English shoes that do fit, are better finished of equal quality materials, and cost less.

There seems to be two types of guys in the world; those for whom Aldens fit very well, and those for whom Aldens don't fit very well at all. :(