Alan veivre

Starting Member
United States
New York
New York
Why does everyone seem to hate allen edmonds? Has their quality gone downhill that much?

Last edited by a moderator:

vonSuess

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
Indiana
Indianapolis
I don't know anything about the ones that cost less than $500, but those I've purchased above that still have seemed fine to me...

Alan veivre

Starting Member
United States
New York
New York
They used to make a pretty good single monk strap shoe. But they don't anymore and seem to be chasing the millenial customer with trendier styles

Alan veivre

Starting Member
United States
New York
New York
Wonder if the shoes at their outlet stores are made just for outlet as "overstock" or are lesser quality than the full price at nordstroms and their stores. Nordstrom. Outlet stores always have lots of allen edmonds also

August West

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
NJ
Northern
The box is important to me because I keep the shoes in the box they came in (after they've aired out.) Do others not do this?

Some pairs of my shoes can go months between wearings. Keeping them in the box is a practical storage method. I can stack them up 5 high this way in a coat closet.

Patrick06790

Connoisseur
United States
Connecticut
Lakeville
Why does everyone seem to hate allen edmonds? Has their quality gone downhill that much?
I've had good luck on recent purchases.

The reason everybody notices what AE does is that they are the last US-made shoe outfit that is even remotely affordable to the average reader of menswear websites, and especially to those of us who labor in poorly-paid obscurity and would rather have a decent pair of shoes and exist on Ramen noodles than eat steak and wear Rockports.

At Law

United States
Nebraska
Omaha
I've had good luck on recent purchases.

The reason everybody notices what AE does is that they are the last US-made shoe outfit that is even remotely affordable to the average reader of menswear websites, and especially to those of us who labor in poorly-paid obscurity and would rather have a decent pair of shoes and exist on Ramen noodles than eat steak and wear Rockports.
I concur. I have purchased AE's since I was a new born and have always had good luck with the Wisconsin made shoes.

Sure, every once in a while I will find a small flaw or a scuff here or there right out of the box. However, I do more damage to the shoe during my maiden voyage from my house to my car to my office in one day.

AE is a company that builds a great American made shoe at a price point that reflects is quality. If properly cared for, you can wear them sylishly and comfortably for many years.