Spin Evans

United States
Florida
Osceola County
I've read a lot of conflicting information, so forgive me for treading on an old subject. I've got my eye on a pair of trousers (eBay) that are labeled 32" in the waist. I normally wear 30" waist pants. I know that I can get the waistband altered so that it will be smaller. However, can you alter the seat so that it won't look like I have child-bearing hips that are wearing an adult undergarment? I've heard that anything around the pockets are a no-go, but I hold out hope that it's just a conspiracy.

stephenkarl

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Canada
Manitoba
Winnipeg
Yes, the seat can be taken in. However, depending on the amount, it may look strange as the pockets will be pulled toward each other on the rear, and the side seams (and, hence, pockets) will be rotated slightly toward the rear also as all material will be taken in through the seat of the trousers.

Spin Evans

United States
Florida
Osceola County
Ah, so it has the potential to look like I'm desperately clenching my buttocks? Between this and the items on the Trad Exchange, gaining weight may be the best sartorial option I have! :cool:

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
^^LOL.

Fear mot, Spin Evans. A two inch sizing adjustment is easily doable and, if done properly, it should not show badly, at all! The key is finding the right seamstress.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts