Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
Weejuns - Vass style! ;)

Maybe the best excuse to purchase a pair of black shoes that I've seen recently.

upload_2019-5-18_19-20-40.png

momsdoc

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Ocean

Those Vass boot are not only right up my alley, but virtually identical to the makeup I’ve discussed on and off with Ascot Shoes over the past few years. They remain on my wish list.

I had been certain that they would be becoming a reality for this upcoming Winter. My son had gone back to school and graduated last Thursday after a seven year hiatus
between getting his Associates in a 5 year attempt, and then spending a year at Temple before deciding school was not his bag. He spent seven years of reality in the workforce, watching coveted job, after coveted job, for which he had the knowledge and experience slip beyond his reach due to the fine print of “Bachelors degree required”. It was not a waste of time. Aside from prolifically producing independent films with other Temple and University of the Arts students (for a grand total income of Zero), his day job at MWH allowed him to develop a great appreciation for Men’s tailored clothing.

I was finally to be free of tuition and support. He was to complete an Internship in LA this summer, then begin a career working in the film industry at his chosen field.

Alas he has to put that off until September as he will be donating a kidney to his mother next month. She has been on dialysis these past 8 months and while it is a lifesaving proceeedure, it is a miserable agonizing limbo that she is undergoing only to bridge her to a transplant so our life can begin anew.

Meanwhile, he has been bitten by the academia bug. Unless he is offered a job he cannot refuse during his Internship, he will be embarking on a three year Masters program. His schools of choice, Columbia, NYU, USC, have tuition and living expenses that all but preclude frivolous shoe purchases. I have had to be content with J. Fitzpatrick, Carmina, Meermin, and a single Bonafe for the past two years. It hasn’t been easy “roughing it”.

Seeing that Vass has reignited my interest, and I may well pull the trigger this summer. After all it’s just a spit in the bucket compared to $65,000 annual tuition.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
Those Vass boot are not only right up my alley, but virtually identical to the makeup I’ve discussed on and off with Ascot Shoes over the past few years. They remain on my wish list.

I had been certain that they would be becoming a reality for this upcoming Winter. My son had gone back to school and graduated last Thursday after a seven year hiatus
between getting his Associates in a 5 year attempt, and then spending a year at Temple before deciding school was not his bag. He spent seven years of reality in the workforce, watching coveted job, after coveted job, for which he had the knowledge and experience slip beyond his reach due to the fine print of “Bachelors degree required”. It was not a waste of time. Aside from prolifically producing independent films with other Temple and University of the Arts students (for a grand total income of Zero), his day job at MWH allowed him to develop a great appreciation for Men’s tailored clothing.

I was finally to be free of tuition and support. He was to complete an Internship in LA this summer, then begin a career working in the film industry at his chosen field.

Alas he has to put that off until September as he will be donating a kidney to his mother next month. She has been on dialysis these past 8 months and while it is a lifesaving proceeedure, it is a miserable agonizing limbo that she is undergoing only to bridge her to a transplant so our life can begin anew.

Meanwhile, he has been bitten by the academia bug. Unless he is offered a job he cannot refuse during his Internship, he will be embarking on a three year Masters program. His schools of choice, Columbia, NYU, USC, have tuition and living expenses that all but preclude frivolous shoe purchases. I have had to be content with J. Fitzpatrick, Carmina, Meermin, and a single Bonafe for the past two years. It hasn’t been easy “roughing it”.

Seeing that Vass has reignited my interest, and I may well pull the trigger this summer. After all it’s just a spit in the bucket compared to $65,000 annual tuition.
Very sorry to hear about your son's mother - hopefully all goes well with the transplant and both move forward in good health afterwards.

If it helps, after reading your post, my wish is to come back as your son in my next life (and share your shoe size so I can raid your closet).

Best wishes, FF

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders

It obviously takes some young folks a while to find themselves, he's only fortunate to have such a caring father. And may the kindness you've shown be reflected in his gift to his mother.

StephenRG

Honors Member
United States
New York
Merrick
Morgan Papin, from "The Cobbler" Dubai. (Mr Papin is in his early 30s, I believe.) H/T Justin F

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts