mlenecare

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
illinois
lemont
I wear blue suede loafers and wingtips regularly but I can’t imagine being able to wear those even though they are amazing. Partially it is the boldness of the color but also it’s just that I generally can’t pull shoes like that off. The biggest reason for that being that I look like a clown in anything more than a slightly elongated last. I’m a little over 5’9” and I wear a size US 12 D or E. Although my heel is more of a B/C width. I’m other words I have duck feet.😣

Last edited:

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
I wear blue suede loafers and wingtips regularly but I can’t imagine being able to wear those even though they are amazing. Partially it is the boldness of the color but also it’s just that I generally can’t pull shoes like that off. The biggest reason for that being that I look like a clown in anything more than a slightly elongated last. I’m a little over 5’9” and I wear a size US 12 D or E. Although my heel is more of a B/C width. I’m other words I have duck feet.😣
I've thought about men who have a greater foot size to height ratio and the very issue you highlight. Indeed, I've likely joined them. Having shrunken to somewhere around 5'8", and having a size 11 foot, it has become noticeable in some instances. I have a pair of Cheaney chukkas on their slightly elongated 125 last, and as I was sitting on my internist's exam table, he glanced down and remarked, "Gee, you've got pretty big feet!" :D

While I only have a pair of saddles in blue suede, I like blue shoes and have admired a pair of blue suede tassel loafers for several years. And I've seen traditional oxfords in discreet shades of dark blue that digress only slightly from black which could easily be worn with right blue or grey suits and jackets. But these elegant shoes are sufficiently striking that it takes a man with both elegance and panache to do so successfully, and since RogerP has shared his personal style with us, I believe he could do so well.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
^^
A rather magnificent twist on the cap toe boot design. Small, seemingly insignificant changes can make such a big difference! ;)