Flanderian

Connoisseur
As I believe many here are, I'm typically not intrigued by much black footwear. Oh, nothing wrong with it! It's invaluable in it's place, such as semi-formal wear, or serious business wear. But the pair of demi-boots below are something I might consider were I still in business. I'd find them sleek and dressy enough for much business wear, yet with a slight sporting connotation.

Sorry, don't know the make, but I believe Leffot originally may have offered them. Beautiful fiddle-back soles.

mj7c98VBgU1qdtc47o1_500.jpg

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
As I believe many here are, I'm typically not intrigued by much black footwear. Oh, nothing wrong with it! It's invaluable in it's place, such as semi-formal wear, or serious business wear. But the pair of demi-boots below are something I might consider were I still in business. I'd find them sleek and dressy enough for much business wear, yet with a slight sporting connotation.

Sorry, don't know the make, but I believe Leffot originally may have offered them. Beautiful fiddle-back soles.

View attachment 42836
The boots you picture are indeed works of leather art. Alden made a perhaps more pedestrian version of such demi-boots as a special make-up for LeatherSoul. Mine are made of brown Lady calf hide and are not fitted with the inset toe-taps. I will try to get a picture for comparison. ;)

Flanderian

Connoisseur
The boots you picture are indeed works of leather art. Alden made a perhaps more pedestrian version of such demi-boots as a special make-up for LeatherSoul. Mine are made of brown Lady calf hide and are not fitted with the inset toe-taps. I will try to get a picture for comparison. ;)
And magnificent I"m sure they must be!

The photo above is from 5 or 6 years ago, and wish I knew who made it. Looks English to me, and is very similar to a C&J Kempton model that Ben Silver was selling last season, though they didn't offer a black hide. In the black hide, it's almost identical to what I found, though the one originally pictured has the fiddle back sole and toe plate, and might be even a little finer than the very fine Kempton, pictured below.

kempton_3_20099a-c01l3-1.jpg

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.