Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
Agreed with the above - these were an inspired makeup. The red-brown suede insert for the shaft takes these boots from good to great.
Come on, tell us the truth, you're thinking about them. In between those super-smart lawyer thoughts you have, you're thinking, "darn those are nice boots," "wouldn't mind having a pair..."

cmoore

United States
CA
carlsbad
The red-brown suede insert for the shaft takes these boots from good to great.
Exactly.
I don't always like the combinations of suede and leather I see in some shoes. This is one of the best examples of it done in a way that's really complementary. Plus, the subtle shape on the caps are great and the waist... it's just a really elegant last. I want a pair.

RogerP

Connoisseur
Canada
ON
Oakville
Come on, tell us the truth, you're thinking about them. In between those super-smart lawyer thoughts you have, you're thinking, "darn those are nice boots," "wouldn't mind having a pair..."
Oh I would rock those in a heartbeat - no doubt about it! And I don't have a true dress boot in a medium-dark brown..... Yeah, it's not hard to talk myself into a pair!

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
Oh I would rock those in a heartbeat - no doubt about it! And I don't have a true dress boot in a medium-dark brown..... Yeah, it's not hard to talk myself into a pair!
You're only a mental click or two away from a website click to buy.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
You're only a mental click or two away from a website click to buy.
In full disclosure, the image was purloined from Ascot Shoes. (Which I suspect is already known.)

The MTO makeup was not attributed, but as the majority of their offerings appear to be Vass,, that is to whom I attributed them. Possible it could be another maker, St. C, etc.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
In full disclosure, the image was purloined from Ascot Shoes. (Which I suspect is already known.)

The MTO makeup was not attributed, but as the majority of their offerings appear to be Vass,, that is to whom I attributed them. Possible it could be another maker, St. C, etc.
Here's my call, a man who can argue in front of the Canadian Supreme court can find where to buy those boots if they are for sale somewhere on earth.

cmoore

United States
CA
carlsbad
Hmm -- U last. I don't own any Vass but description says that's a lower instep last.

So my high instep saved me contemplating a $1200 pair of boots. Thank heaven for small favors.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
Very similar to the boots in post #407, these have slightly different and lighter hides, and an open throat. And I think I may like them even better. Also MTO via Ascot Shoes, from, I believe, Vass. -

1569343509284.png

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts