StephenRG

Honors Member
United States
New York
Merrick
And also from Aubercy, almost the antithesis of those ghillies - possibly the most exquisite wholecut I've seen:
001-Aubercy-Valmont-Double.jpg

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
Aubercy ghillies in green and red. (H/T Justin FitzP):

And also from Aubercy, almost the antithesis of those ghillies - possibly the most exquisite wholecut I've seen:
View attachment 35218
My style is moderately classic, and I wouldn't wear any of these if I were paid. But Aubercy makes some of the most beautiful and exquisitely made shoes I've ever seen. The work is so precise and delicate. Works of art! 👍

StephenRG

Honors Member
United States
New York
Merrick
Fugashin - the shoes themselves are nice but nothing remarkable, but the patination is exceptional, IMO. I don't know whether Flanderian would wear them - I assuredly would:

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
Fugashin - the shoes themselves are nice but nothing remarkable, but the patination is exceptional, IMO. I don't know whether Flanderian would wear them - I assuredly would:

One should always carefully assay what Flanderian will do! :pirate:

(Likely, so as to not repeat the mistake!)

Handsome boots! And as touted, lovely patination!

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
Vass appears to do a fair number of MTO 3-hide spectators. I'm afraid I don't find many of them attractive. This spectator on, I believe, their S last is an exception! 👍

1569516339537.png

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
Amazing? Perhaps not, but an interesting and good looking contemporary take on the classic spectator. I've seen more than a few reinterpretations of classic spectators, and frankly, I find many aesthetically unsuccessful. This is an exception! To my eye, it's both harmonious and graceful, and the hides are lovely. Private label from Herring, it's made by Carlos Santos in Portugal which assures both quality build and fine quality hides. A very nice value at $283. Were I a younger man, with different priorities, I'd likely be sorely tempted.

1569521016106.png

RogerP

Connoisseur
Canada
ON
Oakville
Very similar to the boots in post #407, these have slightly different and lighter hides, and an open throat. And I think I may like them even better. Also MTO via Ascot Shoes, from, I believe, Vass. -

View attachment 35169
Definitely Vass. 😁 And the open lacing combined with the soft suede shaft accommodate my high instep most comfortably.

That pic was slightly overexposed due to the flash. This is a better representation of the colour:

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
Definitely Vass. 😁 And the open lacing combined with the soft suede shaft accommodate my high instep most comfortably.
Are these yours, Roger? :icon_scratch: I thought they might be something that would appeal.

Edit: Ah, my question answered! A beautiful pair of boots! I like this particular combination a good deal better with the open throat!

:beer: