RogerP

Connoisseur
Canada
ON
Oakville
)
Are these yours, Roger? :icon_scratch: I thought they might be something that would appeal.
Yessir!

Interestingly, they had been originally conceived, ordered and delivered with closed lacing. Alas, Vass made them with the wrong width. For the remake (which Ascot obtained in an astonishingly short period of time) I requested open lacing just to hedge my bet on fit. And as it happens, I prefer the aesthetics of the open-lace remake to the original below:

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
)

Yessir!

Interestingly, they had been originally conceived, ordered and delivered with closed lacing. Alas, Vass made them with the wrong width. For the remake (which Ascot obtained in an astonishingly short period of time) I requested open lacing just to hedge my bet on fit. And as it happens, I prefer the aesthetics of the open-lace remake to the original below:

Wow!!! :happy:

Those are truly the Stupefyin Jones of boots!

(For those youngsters under the age of 60, Stupefyin Jones was a hillbilly lass in Al Capp's Lil' Abner comics who was so devastatingly sexy that she would strike any man beholding her dumb with desire!)

Can be viewed here for those not offended by a comic book depiction of a scantily attired hillbilly lass -

Last edited:

cmoore

United States
CA
carlsbad
Definitely Vass. 😁 And the open lacing combined with the soft suede shaft accommodate my high instep most comfortably.
These work open or closed lacing to my eye. It's a good combination, too, the colors being subtly different but complementing each other.

What last is that? K ?

RogerP

Connoisseur
Canada
ON
Oakville
These work open or closed lacing to my eye. It's a good combination, too, the colors being subtly different but complementing each other.

What last is that? K ?
Yes it's K last in a wide fitting. K is to confining for me in a tall boot in standard width.

StephenRG

Honors Member
United States
New York
Merrick
Amazing? Perhaps not, but an interesting and good looking contemporary take on the classic spectator.

View attachment 35257
This supports my general view that the only saddle shoes I like are those that don't look like saddle shoes.

cmoore

United States
CA
carlsbad
This supports my general view that the only saddle shoes I like are those that don't look like saddle shoes.
The one (and only) place I ever liked saddle shoes was golf shoes. For some reason weird garish spectators seemed to work there for me. A favorite teacher in High School used to wear saddle shoes and spectators on the occasional Friday (and he wore them well, they suited his personality) so the goofy two tone reminded me of him and I stuck with it for a couple pair of golf shoes. Sort of a tribute to Mr. Peabody.

Alas, I got a plain pair this year. I've gone to monochrome grey, golf shoes having evolved into the more casual style of other athletic shoes in recent years.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts