Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
The answer to the question, what do leprechauns wear? ;)

Not my cup-of-tea, but interesting. Justin Fitzpatrick -

J.Fitzpatrick003.jpg

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
It's not easy being green. I have one pair of green chukkas and struggle with pairing. I did, however, just purchase my first pair of JF button boots in a more serviceable shade. Pics on arrival.
Thanks, Roger, will love seeing them.

I have two green pairs of shoes, but as they are suede, and casual in nature, it expands their opportunity for wear, as my daily attire is most often khakis and a sport shirt, both of which will often harmonize with either pair in both hue and mood.

Tiger

Advanced Member
United States
New York
New York City
Thanks, Roger, will love seeing them.

I have two green pairs of shoes, but as they are suede, and casual in nature, it expands their opportunity for wear, as my daily attire is most often khakis and a sport shirt, both of which will often harmonize with either pair in both hue and mood.
Agreed, which is why I purchased C&J Chilterns:

1588975296643.png

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
I like that the "two-toning" is not a sharp contrast as, sometimes, that looks affected to my eye. This looks really nice. It reminds me of those Alden pennies that have a two-tone look owing to different shading (our Alden experts would know the model, I don't).
I like them for the same reason. Vass does a lot of interesting spectator type shoes in different hides, and while I find some outlandish, others are also quite subtle. I remember one which combined a suede and smooth leather hides in only slightly different, but harmonious shades.

Will have to see if I can dig it up from somwhere.

Woofa

United States
Texas
Fort Worth
We are making a nice Mother’s Day dinner at home this evening so we can relax. Wearing Vass whole cuts.
E167D891-B4A8-4A8A-9D9B-02AA84D0B642.jpeg

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
I like that the "two-toning" is not a sharp contrast as, sometimes, that looks affected to my eye. This looks really nice. It reminds me of those Alden pennies that have a two-tone look owing to different shading (our Alden experts would know the model, I don't).
Are we speaking of Alden's shell cordovan Leisure Handsewn's? I've seen several pair with the penny strap a somewhat darker hue than the rest of the shoe. :icon_scratch:

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
Are we speaking of Alden's shell cordovan Leisure Handsewn's? I've seen several pair with the penny strap a somewhat darker hue than the rest of the shoe. :icon_scratch:
I believe so and your confusion is fair, as calling that a "two-tone" shoe is a stretch. That said, the penny's strap can be a meaningfully different tone than the rest of the shoe.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
A successful, IMHO, melding of several design elements to create a cohesive aesthetic. Don't know if the tonal differences evident in the top and bottom parts of the upper are deliberate, but believe they work also. St. Crispin -

St.CAdeliadeSpectator.jpg

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
Retailer Ben Silver has for years offered some handsome footwear featuring premium makes such as Crockett and Jones, and Alden. Most are standard offerings by these makers, but some are more uncommon and may be specific to Ben Silver. Among such shoes, those intended for the summer season are some of the most appealing. Two styles which could illustrations from the classic period of Apparel Arts or Esquire are the loafer and saddle shoe pictured below. And both styles are among my favorites.

Both are the refined quality typical of Crockett and Jones, but are styles that might be term dressy casual, unsuitable for sober suits, but able to enliven clothing less serious of purpose. The loafer is tan and white calf, the saddle white nubuck and navy smooth leather.

BenS01.jpg

BenS02.jpg