StephenRG

Honors Member
United States
New York
Merrick
Beautiful! 👍
I think they'd make my top 5 of the shoes in this thread. As I posted on Justin F's FB wall, easy enough to come up with something new by buggering about and adding stuff, but to create something original and yet classical takes real talent.

RogerP

Connoisseur
Canada
ON
Oakville
St. Crispin - and I think these are pretty incredible:

I am imagining these as a tall boot. Which is a problem, because I really need to get to work. Could be the most epic dress boots in history. Like, seriously. Make mine in a damned-near-black shade of Oxblood. I'd wear them with pretty much every suit I own.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
I am imagining these as a tall boot. Which is a problem, because I really need to get to work. Could be the most epic dress boots in history. Like, seriously. Make mine in a damned-near-black shade of Oxblood. I'd wear them with pretty much every suit I own.
Nice to know you kept the Supreme Court waiting as you daydreamed about your boot collection. :)

Kidding aside, they would make a heck of a boot especially in the near-black-oxblood you suggest.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
Sorry if they're not your idea of amazing, but this updated casual classic is right in my wheelhouse! C&J for Ben Silver -

1569771366910.png

Tiger

Advanced Member
United States
New York
New York City
Nice to know you kept the Supreme Court waiting as you daydreamed about your boot collection. :)

Kidding aside, they would make a heck of a boot especially in the near-black-oxblood you suggest.
I'd want it in more of a burgundy/oxblood, but the general is idea is brilliant, RogerP!

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
Reminds me of this Herring Wildsmith offering:

View attachment 35374
Both kilties and monk straps have their fair share of detractors here. So I wonder what the reaction would be to this shoe!? :rolleyes:

I like both when well integrated into the design of a shoe.

An example of what I consider good use of a monk strap is this chukka with a monk strap from Herring, which I would find both functional and very pleasing! Another value priced quality boot from Spain, if I didn't already have a pair of dark brown suede chukkas, I'd likely pick up a pair of these.

1569774882705.png

Last edited:

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
Sorry if they're not your idea of amazing, but this updated casual classic is right in my wheelhouse! C&J for Ben Silver -

View attachment 35372
They are indeed a memorably beautiful example of leather art and I have so loved and have worn both penny loafers and a pair of Tassel loafers fitted with a Kiltie aprons under the tassels, but I must say combining the two design features in a single pair of shoes does seem a bit much for my taste. :(

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts