Flanderian

Connoisseur
Not St. C's, but rather attributed to Carlos Santos via Skoak. Don't know that it's goat, but remarkably similar to your handsome Cleverleys. Not casting doubt on your veracity, but instead am wondering if these might have been misattributed ?

CarlosSantosViaSkoak.jpg

StephenRG

Honors Member
Not St. C's, but rather attributed to Carlos Santos via Skoak. Don't know that it's goat, but remarkably similar to your handsome Cleverleys. Not casting doubt on your veracity, but instead am wondering if these might have been misattributed ?

View attachment 43885
The trees in the other photo say Saint Crispin's and they appear to be identical as well, so my guess is that this photo has been misattributed.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
The trees in the other photo say Saint Crispin's and they appear to be identical as well, so my guess is that this photo has been misattributed.
I believe you are correct! 🤝

Edit: The error was entirely mine. I mislabeled the photo as Carlos Santos when I copied it, and then compounded my blunder by inexplicably alluding to the Cleverley's in #924 rather than St. Crispin, as they most undoubtedly are, as this was the Skoak blog post from which I lifted the photo - :icon_headagainstwall:

Last edited:

Flanderian

Connoisseur
Since I've managed to depress Stephen, and confuse everyone (Most notably myself!) at least in part due to my uncharacteristic posting of oxfords, I shall return to form with a pair of penny loafers, and not just penny loafers, but black penny loafers.

Vass black box calf on their F last -

Vass F last black penny01.jpg

Vass F last black penny02.jpg

Vass F last black penny03.jpg

Flanderian

Connoisseur
Ricardo Bestetti - pigskin

Well, they're different!

An unusual hide choice. I learned early in my life that pigskin was thought to be a less good hide, noted for it's fragility and tendency to become brittle. But having witnessed its ballyhooed use in obviously fine footwear, I wonder if it would have been more correct to say that poorly tanned pigskin is fragile? :icon_scratch:

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Very possibly. Though I view these as strictly casual footwear, and I'm not sure if our esteemed member would dress that informally. Rather, I might view them best suited for the mood characterized by the illustration below.

View attachment 43989
I hear ya, but @upr_crust does pull out the occasional casual outfit and always with his wonderful sense of style that could nicely incorporate those shoes. Also, I could see them with one of his linen or similar summer suit.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
I hear ya, but @upr_crust does pull out the occasional casual outfit and always with his wonderful sense of style that could nicely incorporate those shoes. Also, I could see them with one of his linen or similar summer suit.
Could very well be. But it's the shade more so than the style or hide which would limit them to such a role in my wardrobe.

upr_crust

Connoisseur
Could very well be. But it's the shade more so than the style or hide which would limit them to such a role in my wardrobe.
As it is, I have the Aldens shown below, which come close enough to the St. Crispins to relieve me of the responsibility to buy them (not that there is much room left in the shoe closet, either), and I did, as FF noted, wear them with a linen suit (though, I think my tan herringbone linen suit would be a better match, now that I think of it).

IMG_3961.JPG

Flanderian

Connoisseur
As it is, I have the Aldens shown below, which come close enough to the St. Crispins to relieve me of the responsibility to buy them (not that there is much room left in the shoe closet, either), and I did, as FF noted, wear them with a linen suit (though, I think my tan herringbone linen suit would be a better match, now that I think of it).

View attachment 43990
Beautiful loafers, worn very well! :loveyou:

Last edited:

Flanderian

Connoisseur
A favorite Vass spectator! The dark hide is bitter chocolate brown, but I believe I've also seen the tan hide combined with black to good effect. These appear as if they may be on the more radical U last, though I originally saw them on what was stated to be the F last.

VassBlack&TanSpectator.jpg

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.