Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Even better, I believe these are a group special order as they're being sold by a Melbourne retailer. So I guess you'd have to reverse import them from Australia! :icon_cheers:
Me: Okay Mr. Shoe salesman, here's what we are going to do: I am going to hand you all the money I have in the world - see this pile here - and you will hand me back the shoes and my change. But before we do that, please eyeball the pile and let me know if you think that I will be getting a lot or a small amount of change back.

Salesman: I'm sorry sir, that pile is too small, but the good news is, if we ever decide to sell just one shoe instead of a pair, you'd be close.

Me: (Sigh)

Salesman: I'll get the door for you. Oh, don't forget to take (said all but imperceptibly slower) all the money you have in the world (no longer said slower) with you sir.

Me: Hey, did I just detect a note of sarcasm?

Salesman: Never sir.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Even better, I believe these are a group special order as they're being sold by a Melbourne retailer. So I guess you'd have to reverse import them from Australia! :icon_cheers:

And I'm taking a flyer on the upper material based upon studying the tassels. Alternately, they may even be brushed silk, or some other cloth. A spectacular looking summer shoe, but I fear they'd get soiled just taking them out of the box. :eek:

Edit: OK, found 'em! They're calf suede, and a terrific deal! ;)

Alden is one of my favored brands of shoes/boots and that cashmere suede is incredibly appealing, but I would be so afraid of damaging the finish, that I would never be able to bring myself to wear them in the wild. :(