Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
I am impressed by the workmanship, but for some reason these don't do it for me.
Nor me either. Didn't seriously think they'd be your particular cup-of-tea though it's one of the more novel hide treatments I've seen.

Believe the shoemaker may be working out of Brooklyn now -

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
I am impressed by the workmanship, but for some reason these don't do it for me.
Nor me either. Didn't seriously think they'd be your particular cup-of-tea though it's one of the more novel hide treatments I've seen.

Believe the shoemaker may be working out of Brooklyn now -

That seemingly wood grained effect on the vamp is a real put-off! Just sayin....:(

Woofa

United States
Texas
Fort Worth
I know how much you love Vass. Me too. Just got this barely worn pair from a fellow member on tof for a great deal. Plum museum calf, my first museum shoes.
554C87AC-C601-4739-AF35-6D06A8C4EA1F.jpeg

tough to photograph the color.
6BB998F4-128A-415F-B588-E7F582B385AD.jpeg

and compared to my burgundy calf, (and I think we have an Adelaide lover in the house!)
E635FE48-A237-4D58-8971-D40BDCCED520.jpeg

just enough difference, although these and my burgundy shell brooks brother by c&J boots will probably be enough in burgundy for me.
who am I kidding, can never have too many.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
I know how much you love Vass. Me too. Just got this barely worn pair from a fellow member on tof for a great deal. Plum museum calf, my first museum shoes.
View attachment 44295
tough to photograph the color.
View attachment 44296

and compared to my burgundy calf, (and I think we have an Adelaide lover in the house!)
View attachment 44297

just enough difference, although these and my burgundy shell brooks brother by c&J boots will probably be enough in burgundy for me.
who am I kidding, can never have too many.
Look to be in good shape, should be nice! 👍

Lucido

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Ireland
South Ireland
They have the strangest names but some of the loveliest shoes. Zonkey Boot's hand lasted and hand welted 'Two One Four Ragnar' in calf suede.