Russell Street

Doctor Damage - Really good pictures, thank you very much.

Chris - I envy you such London Ivy credentials! Good to have the real G9 back isn't it? I was worried that the quality might have been lost, but not a bit of it. The price is very different to what it used to be though (!), then again look at what you're getting for it. Well worth the money.
I heard that the shop assistants at Austins were all middle-aged men who were slightly bemused by the ever younger and fashionable customers who were visiting them. They couldn't quite understand why people wanted their trousers to break in the Trad way and not to flop all over their shoes in the European way. That was a story I heard anyway.

Regards, Russell

Trimmer

UK
England
North Shields

Originally posted by Chris H . . . Russell Street

. . . and also Village Gate which opened a year or two later in Old Compton Street. .

'The Village Gate' that brings back memories. There was a chain of them with a variety of names. They sold shirts under the name 'Cassidy', not exactly Jermyn Street but much better than 'Canda' of Oxford Street. They were probably my introduction to sartorial pleasures. I owe them a lot.

Trimmer

Doctor Damage

Connoisseur
Canada
Ontario
Toronto
More photos of GHWB, the Congress years. The sack he's wearing in the first photo makes up for the one he's wearing in the earlier photos.

GWHB with brood. Love those loafers he's wearing on the elephant.

Stuttjukken

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Great photos of welldressed and respectable people. I like it.

Short and stout/heavyweight busdriver in Bergen, Norway. My favorite clothes are polywool trousers.

brass4321

Starting Member
I expected to see a current pic of someone whose style is a good example of trad (besides Prince Charles)- I'm just trying to get a better sense of who you all think pulls the trad look off well today - Jude Law perhaps?

Doctor Damage

Connoisseur
Canada
Ontario
Toronto
quote:Originally posted by brass4321

sorry - not American - my bad - anyone?
I suspect that very few non-Americans are currently doing the 'American trad' style; certainly Prince Charles is not 'trad' in the context we are using here. Even in the US, I suspect most public figures have adopted more anonymous clothing, which means of course boring 2-piece darted suits in dark colours.

Lincoln Chaffee does wear some trad stuff, which I will post photos of soon.

DocD

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts