mwilliamspr

Hello Gents. I searched for a thread about this but was not able to located any. Hopefully I'm not covering old ground (which is likely because nearly everything sartorially speaking has been discussed on these boards).

My question is, does anyone have any experience with the NEW Anderson-Little?

http://andersonlittle.com

Also, any thoughts on Richman Brothers (who owned the company for a period of time)? I grew up in Cleveland and my father would talk about Richman from time to time.

Topsider

Honors Member
United States
VA
Newport News
I don't have any personal experience with the reincarnation of Anderson-Little, but they say on their web site that the navy blazer is made in the U.S.A. I'm not sure by whom, however.

Unfortunately, it's also described as a "wool blend," and appears to have a two-button front (and probably darts, although I can't tell from the photos).

If you're looking for a classic 3B sack, you'll have to look elsewhere.

Tucker

United States
Georgia
Atlanta
Thanks for the links Tucker. How come you aren't ripping me a new one like usual? ha
Momentary lapse in judgement. I posted this yesterday on the blog nobody reads.

Back on topic, the Anderson-Little blazer might be something worth buying for my oldest boys. The Lands' End uniform blazers I buy now ($155) aren't cutting it.

bandofoutsiders

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Hello Gents. I searched for a thread about this but was not able to located any. Hopefully I'm not covering old ground (which is likely because nearly everything sartorially speaking has been discussed on these boards).

My question is, does anyone have any experience with the NEW Anderson-Little?

http://andersonlittle.com

Also, any thoughts on Richman Brothers (who owned the company for a period of time)? I grew up in Cleveland and my father would talk about Richman from time to time.
Both Richmond Bros. and Anderson Little made excellent sack suits back in the 1950s and 60s. I have two vintage Anderson little suits and one Richmond Brothers pinstripe suit in my collection.

I suspect the NEW AL is of lesser quality than the old AL. Pretty sure Richmond is no longer in business. The Anderson Little site has some pretty awful marketing as well. The dude in the baggy jeans and square-toed shoes does not make me want to hop into that blazer.

Danny

United States
Maryland
Baltimore
Well it's hard to see the coat up close on the website, and I am sure that it can't be all THAT great for $139...but you have to love the idea of a company going with 'only' the blue blazer for its comeback. That's pretty gutsy and remarkable. We shall see if it was a good idea.

Danny

mwilliamspr

Both Richmond Bros. and Anderson Little made excellent sack suits back in the 1950s and 60s. I have two vintage Anderson little suits and one Richmond Brothers pinstripe suit in my collection.

I suspect the NEW AL is of lesser quality than the old AL. Pretty sure Richmond is no longer in business. The Anderson Little site has some pretty awful marketing as well. The dude in the baggy jeans and square-toed shoes does not make me want to hop into that blazer.
I agree with you on the jeans and the shoes. Brutal.

I also like those Hamilton watches. I want one. No sweat Tucker. I was just giving you a hard time. I have a pretty thick skin.

Scott Anderson

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
ca
los angeles
AndersonLittle.Com Scott Anderson Replies

First of all, I want to thank all of you for your interest in Anderson-Little and wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. As we all know, nothing complements a well dressed bird better than a well dressed man in an Anderson-Little Classic Blue Blazer. Our story is very simple. After years of having our family name bought and sold and licensed until it disappeared, my Father and I bought our name back and decided to re-launch the company with a Classic Blue Blazer. My family has a 75 year tradition of selling "factory direct to you," so we felt the internet would be a great way to reach our loyal customers directly without the cost of retail locations. We also really look forward to meeting a new generation of customers. It's a sturdy, practical coat for young men in need of a staple for their wardrobe and a solid performer for any man looking for an all purpose jacket. It's a wonderful gift for a son or father.

I just love the fabric which I selected myself. It's light, but it's durable and holds its shape beautifully. I've flown coast to coast and stuffed my jacket in the overhead and it held up great--something I just can't do with a tropical wool. I also insisted on deep interior pockets for iphones, blackberry's and so forth. I'm a fanatic about buttons that fall off, so I made sure mine don't!

Not only is it great to be working with my Dad, but we are also manufacturing here in America which was an absolute must for us. Because my Father spent much of his life on the factory floor and I spent most of my youth on the retail floor, we felt we wanted to bring back a garment that could be made and sold at a popular price. Anderson-Little was always known for two things, excellent value and exceptional service. As we are personally involved in every detail, I can assure you that both of these family traditions are being embraced.

We even designed a unique and special box that opens like a flower. It protects the garment as much as possible from wrinkling and settling during shipping. I know I've gotten mail order clothing that looks like its been run over by a truck and we wanted none of that. My Father worked extensively with Federal Express to match their guidelines with our product and he did a great job. The presentation is just beautiful and the garment arrives virtually ready to wear.

I am extremely proud to say that since we re-launched in August, only one blazer has been returned. A woman bought it as a gift for her husband who bought and wore one himself before ours arrived. Naturally, we gladly refunded her purchase price and paid her return shipping. If you call our 800 number we have 24/7 live answering. No voice prompts or complicated menus. We just answer the phone and if I or my Father are not available, we'll call you back as soon as we can and answer your question. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you as an Anderson-Little customer. It will be our pleasure.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts