HistoryDoc

United States
California
Visalia
Make it a 3/2 sack and you'll have some buyers from this forum, no doubt. Who wouldn't buy one at that price if it was a 3/2 without darts?

Scott Anderson

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
ca
los angeles
For Tucker

P.S. My Father prepped at Exeter and I grew up in Nantucket and prepped at Choate. We're also both Ivy Leaguers and both went to the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, so I'd have to say we have street cred as they say in both the Ivy League and Preppie categories. That's got to be worth something for your bloggers to chew on. He and I wore Anderson-Little Blue Blazers very nicely at all of the above and I wore one of our new ones to rave reviews when I was at my home in Nantucket this fall.

Jovan

Honors Member
United States
New Mexico
Albuquerque
The dude in the baggy jeans and square-toed shoes does not make me want to hop into that blazer.
I agree. I don't think it's a very good attempt to make it "hip."

Scott, if you offered a 100% wool version I'd be all over it. :)

Topsider

Honors Member
United States
VA
Newport News
Scott,

Thanks for posting here. I was very pleased to see the rebirth of Anderson-Little. I remember the Johnson City, TN store fondly as one of the few places in that town where I could buy the kind of clothes I liked. It was missed when it closed.

Regarding your new blazer, would you say that they run true to size? What is the percentage of wool in your fabric? I assume this is a hopsack weave? It's hard to tell from the photos.

Also, consider this one more vote for a 100% wool 3-roll-to-2 sack with three patch pockets, even if it cost a little more. You would have very little competition in today's market, particularly in your price range.

Edit: Also, I noticed that you ask for height, waist size, and weight...are you doing any customization based on those measurements, or is that just for demographic purposes?

Last edited:

Pentheos

Advanced Member
United States
Wisconsin
Clinton
What is the wool percentage now?

And yes, you'd get a bunch of orders from trad members here if it was 3/2 and 100% wool, even if the price got bumped up.

Scott Anderson

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
ca
los angeles
poly/wool 55/44

My Father and I were just insistent that we be able to retail the garment at less than $150 with free shipping and there simply wasn't a 100% wool fabric available that would let us do that. Beyond this price point, we couldn't see why someone wouldn't just go to a department store or retailer and shop in person.

In addition, Anderson-Little has a long tradition of selling a blended jacket. I have to tell you, I tested countless fabrics and even argued at length with Dad, but he was right. This fabric is a winner and will give our customers a durable, reliable garment or a younger person a starter jacket that will hold up.

In blind tests where I simply passed various swatches around at social gatherings, business meetings, even the supermarket, time and time again, the poly/wool swatch was picked as the "best" fabric with the "nicest feel."

Then I folded it and pressed it in a book. After a week, I took it out and just lightly steamed it and went back into place. I was sold. I wear my blazer constantly and it is so light and breathes beautifully. Now when I put my wool on it feels like lead.

I totally respect your attitude about wool. But I'm just in love with our fabric.

As for the look and feel of the model, gals love him and he gets his own fan mail, so I'm not touching him. Women buy a lot of our blazers for the men in their life.

Finally, the jackets run dead on size. It's a good standard cut. We have had only one or two exchanges for size. We actually don't collect data per se and have no intention of bothering our customers with nuisance emails and so forth. We ask for this combination of details because my Father or I inspect each order personally and can tell from these measurements whether you've selected the correct size. Some men don't realize that over the years they may have moved into portly territory. If the measurements don't seem right to us, we call and discuss it with the customer. Hence the lack of returns for incorrect size.

Thanks again to all of you for your kind comments and interest in our business. I brought Anderson-Little back because I was repeatedly asked to so many times in the last five years or so. It's nice to know that our former customers still feel so deeply connected to our business.

bd79cc

United States
TX
San Antonio
At $139.00, the Anderson-Little blazer is competitive in price with my son's school-required blazers. If the A-L blazer plays in the same league, quality-wise, with O'Connell's navy blazer, then Scott Anderson and his father may really be on to something!

Also, don't laugh at the idea of a wool blend. The better ones look and feel the same as wool, breathe almost as well, and keep their look much better than wool in trying conditions. Brooks used a blend like this in some of their Makers suits in the late 1980s. These were a godsend for hot, humid summer business travel along San Antonio-New Orleans axis back then.

Speas

United States
NJ
Summit
Scott,
All the best to your endeavour. I might suggest you include a few high resolution photos of the product on your site. Also a page on the blazer as the cornerstone of a man's wardrobe and its history might add a little sizzle.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts