Scott Anderson

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
ca
los angeles
Thanks BD. I'll have to take a look at that blazer. How much are they? I'd love to own the dress code market!

Scott Anderson

United States
ca
los angeles
Thanks Speas. Yes close-ups are coming this week I hope. I also need the cornerstone page you refer to as well as youtube video of measuring yourself for those who may not know their size.

You'd be surprised even in this day and age how long it takes just to get the "buy now" part perfected. The rest is a work in progress. I just wanted the customer to be able to buy the jacket right from the get go. I can't stand being put through hoops by websites when I am trying to give them my money.

Scott Anderson

United States
ca
los angeles
BD, I Live in LA and my Father in Florida and I can tell you there isn't a tropical wool as comfortable as ours.

Ole Hickory

United States
TN
Southeast
Glad to see the return of
A-L.
Indeed, some blends (scabal for example) surpass many loro wools. The old sack from brooks outlasted 3 sets of Waterbury buttons.

I would buy one, in a heartbeat, were it a sack. Sewell probably makes OConnells or the outfit in Cleveland,TN. At $350 it is not that bad a coat, at all.
Scott,
Best of luck to you and your father.

P Hudson

Australia
NSW
Newtown
Scott,

As you can see, a lot of us here wish you well. You've won me over with your comments on the fabric: My hierarchy probably runs: (1) made in USA; (2) cut and fit; (3) fabric.

Should you offer a 3/2, you can add me to the list of buyers.

All the best in this endeavour.

hbs midwest

Scott,

As you can see, a lot of us here wish you well. You've won me over with your comments on the fabric: My hierarchy probably runs: (1) made in USA; (2) cut and fit; (3) fabric.

Should you offer a 3/2, you can add me to the list of buyers.

All the best in this endeavour.
^+1.

Also count my vote for 5/16" edge stitching at least around the collar/lapel/front.:icon_smile:

hbs

Scott Anderson

United States
ca
los angeles
Hudson and Hickory you're my kind of guys. Thanks for the support. Believe me when I tell you that I did not want polyester at all under any circumstances, but my Father at his wise age of 70 knew better. He actually sent me the swatch of what we ended up using with other wool and wool blend swatches. When I imperiously selected this fabric and declared it exactly the type and weight of wool I wanted he almost busted a gut laughing. When he told me it was a blend, I was shocked. Then I did the blind tests as mentioned above and was sold.

As far as my New England pedigree is concerned, unlike Abercrombie and Fitch which bears zero resemblance to their former self, I want everyone to know that Anderson-Little is run by real Andersons who actually wear blue blazers and have worn them all their lives. We didn't sell our name or license it to a Chinese factory to re-launch. I basically made the coat for myself and my friends because I just loathed what I saw on the racks and was appalled at the price and the countries of origin.

I've been given many gifts by the accident of my birth and the hard work, foresight and ingenuity of the Andersons who have come before me. Given this head start in life, I've lived an extraordinary life and done well for myself in my other businesses. I've traveled the world, dined at the White House, and met amazing people. I am very grateful for everything that has been placed before me.

At a certain point though, I made the decision that enough was enough. I was going to personally do something about an issue that is extremely important to me, American Manufacturing. That is why Anderson-Little is coming back. Because I care what happens to this country and because I can do something about it. I hope it will not be too little, too late. But it is something, and I am doing it right here, right now.

So if you or any of the other readers of this forum feel as I feel. That you hold your nose as you open your wallet to buy products made by cheap foreign labor. Then take heart. My product is better than theirs and I sell it for less than they do. I plan to beat them at their own game and I also play to win. That's the only way the Andersons do :)

Thank you all again for having such an engaging discussion about our product. I consider it quite a complement to my family that our clothing has been a part of your lives.

Topsider

Honors Member
United States
VA
Newport News
I did not want polyester at all under any circumstances, but my Father at his wise age of 70 knew better. He actually sent me the swatch of what we ended up using with other wool and wool blend swatches. When I imperiously selected this fabric and declared it exactly the type and weight of wool I wanted he almost busted a gut laughing. When he told me it was a blend, I was shocked. Then I did the blind tests as mentioned above and was sold.
OK, you've sold me, too. I just ordered a blazer. :)

I wish you much success with your new venture. It's good to see an American company get back into the fray.

Pgolden

United States
NY
Albany
Best of luck. Blends can be wonderful for summer and for traveling. Please, just get rid of the darts--even in the 2 button. And maybe a 3/2. That would be magnificent.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts