Billax

Durham, NC & San Francisco, CA
United States
North Carolina
Durham
As a Septuagenarian, I'll assert (without evidence) that there is a "Parent's and Grandparent's exemption" to wearing sweatshirts from schools you did not attend... but only if you seek to "brag up" your Children and Grandchildren.

Here's how it works: Somebody sees you in a college sweatshirt and asks, "So, when did you attend XYZ school?" You modestly reply, "Oh, gosh, I didn't attend XYZ, my Son [or Grandson] did [does]." That provides an opening for you to wax eloquent about your children or grandchildren! Here's the gambit: You didn't start the conversation about colleges... the counter-party did! You merely did the socially correct thing, and responded to the person who asked the question, while adding a couple of other glowing qualities about the kid. Just good manners, eh...? :)

Last edited:

Peak and Pine

Honors Member
United States
Maine
Mars Hill
As a Septuagenarian, I'll assert (without evidence) that there is a "Parent's and Grandparent's exemption" to wearing sweatshirts from schools you did not attend... but only if you seek to "brag up" your Children and Grandchildren.

Here's how it works: Somebody sees you in a college sweatshirt and asks, "So, when did you attend XYZ school?" You modestly reply, "Oh, gosh, I didn't attend XYZ, my Son [or Grandson] did [does]." That provides an opening for you to wax eloquent about your children or grandchildren! Here's the gambit: You didn't start the conversation about colleges... the counter-party did! You merely did the socially correct thing, and responded to the person who asked the question, while adding a couple of other glowing qualities about the kid. Just good manners, eh...? :)
Does this work if the sweatshirt says
Al's Towing? (At least the kid has a steady job.)

FJW

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
New Jersey
Belmar
I think it's only Trad if the sweatshirt is grey with the only college name printed on the front. Hoodies do not count as do any color other than grey.

IMHO

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts