prunenoveggie

San Francisco Bay Area
United States
California
Sebastopol
Hello everyone,

I'm curious if anyone can tell me whether the Brooks Brothers shoes on sale here (http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Medallion-Perforated-Captoes/MH00025,default,pd.html) are made by Allen Edmonds, as I suspect. They look exactly like pictures of the AE Strand I have seen, and the sole has the markings that I've read on other threads denote an AE-made Brooks Brothers shoe (combination tap sole, dovetail heel).

HOWEVER...One of the customer reviews said "I think Brooks Brothers USED TO use Allen Edmonds as their shoe manufacturer. Likely to save money, they are now using some other maker." This has me a little worried, so I wanted to check in with all of the knowledgeable people here to get your thoughts. Is the reviewer crazy, or are these shoes no longer made by Allen Edmonds?

I am a new poster, so please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong. I hope to post more in the future (and hopefully not annoy anyone too much), so any advice regarding forum etiquette is more than welcome. Who knows, maybe in a few years I'll be able to answer questions instead of just asking them. Maybe...

triklops55

United States
California
San Jose
Those are definitely AE shoes. They're on sale so BB may be trying to clear out their AE inventory. Pretty good price at $223.

prunenoveggie

San Francisco Bay Area
United States
California
Sebastopol
I just placed my order! I'm happy with the price, although I only paid $160 for my first pair of Allen Edmonds (Exchange Place cap-toe in black, not seconds). I have been looking for a decent pair of walnut shoes to round out my arsenal. Now I just have to figure out what to wear with them!

Jgarner197

Post Falls, Idaho
United States
Idaho
Post Falls
Curious if AE would recraft these shoes when it came time? Clearly they are an AE made shoe but with the BB label I wonder if they would do it?

prunenoveggie

San Francisco Bay Area
United States
California
Sebastopol
From what I've read here in the past, Allen Edmonds does indeed recraft the shoes they make for Brooks Brothers. I believe when other members have asked, AE confirmed that they recraft the shoes to the Brooks Brothers specifications (combination tap heel, topy sole). I am not sure if they wouldw let you pay extra to select a different sole like they would for their other shoes.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts