Are these shoes in good condition or poor condition?

rogerharrie

Canada
Ontario
kingston
What don't you guys understand that these are hand-made shoes? They are worth every penny, they have a patented string on the bottom. How am I getting ripped off when this is some of the rarest calf in the world?v

rogerharrie

Canada
Ontario
kingston
If you guys knew how testoni's top line of shoes work you would understand why it costs so much. This is similar to bespoke essentially if you get the right size.

smmrfld

United States
California
Pleasanton
If you guys knew how testoni's top line of shoes work you would understand why it costs so much. This is similar to bespoke essentially if you get the right size.
I am quite aware of how they work. You insert your foot (ideally using a shoehorn), tie the laces, and then walk. Just curious...do you believe that the pair (which, with the contrast stitching, is hardly a classic style) you, um, acquired, works differently?

rogerharrie

Canada
Ontario
kingston
I’m saying no shoe is worth a thousand dollar price tag. But you have to understand the bologonese craft. I personally contacted testoni before buying them and they told me that these shoes take 2 weeks to make

Mike Petrik

Honors Member
United States
Georgia
Atlanta
Testoni's hand-crafted shoes are indeed very well made. They cost a lot. Whether they are worth the dough is always going to be a matter of opinion. Same for Lobb and Edward Greene. Personally, I would not pay $1000 for any pair of shoes, and I know tons of gents who think certain unnamed forum members are crazy for paying half that for shell cordovans. The shoes purchased by rogerharrie seem aesthetically unremarkable to me, but that is not all bad. Most of Testoni's shoes that are aesthetically remarkable are not so in a good way, at least in my opinion. Moreover, leaving aside the inevitably subjective quality of aesthetics, there is also comfort to consider. Many well-dressed men find Testoni shoes to be unusually light and comfortable. Criticizing the OP for spending his own $1000 on these shoes just seems out of line to me.

Last edited: