Are these shoes in good condition or poor condition?

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by rogerharrie, May 17, 2019.

1. CLTesquire

CLTesquire Super Member

United States
    NC
    Waxhaw
    If you spent that much you should really treat them better. Shoe trees. Polish them occasionally. Use leather conditioner occasionally.

cosmotoast and eagle2250 like this.
  2. eagle2250

eagle2250 Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator

Harmony, FL
    United States
    Florida
    Harmony
    rogerharrie, you have probably received all of the positive feedback you are going to see coming from this thread and that's OK. We all have a high flyer purchase or two or three or more, in which we probably overspent and harbor our own doubts about. I know I certainly have done so. It is just not realistic to look to others for reassurance in such situations. When I see creasing in my beloved shoes, it reminds me of all the long comfortable hours of wear and hard use that I've gotten out of those shoes. While I always insert shoe trees in the pairs that are not presently on my feet, I also look upon the creasing as a good thing. You have a really nice pair of footwear...relax and just enjoy them! ;)

3. rogerharrie

rogerharrie New Member

Canada
    Ontario
    kingston
    Thank-You for all your support. I hope to learn more about shoes and style in general from this forum.

eagle2250 likes this.
  4. SG_67

SG_67 Connoisseur

United States
    Illinois
    Chicago
    In all seriousness, part of that process is understanding value.

No one is picking on you, but paying $1000 for a pair of used shoes is insane.

5. rogerharrie

rogerharrie New Member

Canada
    Ontario
    kingston
    I understand, maybe this was a bad purchase but oh well, let me enjoy my shoes!!!

6. SG_67

SG_67 Connoisseur

United States
    Illinois
    Chicago
    By all means, enjoy.

eagle2250 and Mike Petrik like this.
  7. rogerharrie

rogerharrie New Member

Canada
    Ontario
    kingston
    I had another question since you seem to know your shoes very well. If I took this to a shoe repair shop, would they be able to get the creases out?

8. StephenRG

StephenRG Honors Member

United States
    New York
    Merrick
    eagle2250, Mike Petrik and RogerP like this.
  9. SG_67

SG_67 Connoisseur

United States
    Illinois
    Chicago
    I don’t know shoes well. There are many here who know far more than I and have an encyclopedic knowledge of materials and construction.

What I do know is value. I also know the foibles of making big purchases without first doing homework.

You should have started this thread and taken all of this feedback and weighed it prior to your purchase.

But as I said, please enjoy the shoes.

10. smmrfld

smmrfld Super Member

United States
    California
    Pleasanton
    No...all shoes crease. It’s possible that these may be made of inferior leather or weren’t a good fit for the person who previously wore them, but likely are just typical of used shoes.

cosmotoast and Mike Petrik like this.