eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
I’m saying no shoe is worth a thousand dollar price tag. But you have to understand the bologonese craft. I personally contacted testoni before buying them and they told me that these shoes take 2 weeks to make
rogerharrie, you have probably received all of the positive feedback you are going to see coming from this thread and that's OK. We all have a high flyer purchase or two or three or more, in which we probably overspent and harbor our own doubts about. I know I certainly have done so. It is just not realistic to look to others for reassurance in such situations. When I see creasing in my beloved shoes, it reminds me of all the long comfortable hours of wear and hard use that I've gotten out of those shoes. While I always insert shoe trees in the pairs that are not presently on my feet, I also look upon the creasing as a good thing. You have a really nice pair of footwear...relax and just enjoy them! ;)

SG_67

Connoisseur
United States
Illinois
Chicago
Thank-You for all your support. I hope to learn more about shoes and style in general from this forum.
In all seriousness, part of that process is understanding value.

No one is picking on you, but paying $1000 for a pair of used shoes is insane.

rogerharrie

Canada
Ontario
kingston
I understand, maybe this was a bad purchase but oh well, let me enjoy my shoes!!!

SG_67

Connoisseur
United States
Illinois
Chicago
I had another question since you seem to know your shoes very well. If I took this to a shoe repair shop, would they be able to get the creases out?
I don’t know shoes well. There are many here who know far more than I and have an encyclopedic knowledge of materials and construction.

What I do know is value. I also know the foibles of making big purchases without first doing homework.

You should have started this thread and taken all of this feedback and weighed it prior to your purchase.

But as I said, please enjoy the shoes.

smmrfld

United States
California
Pleasanton
I had another question since you seem to know your shoes very well. If I took this to a shoe repair shop, would they be able to get the creases out?
No...all shoes crease. It’s possible that these may be made of inferior leather or weren’t a good fit for the person who previously wore them, but likely are just typical of used shoes.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts