AlanC

Sartorial Sultan<br> Moderator, Trad Forum
United States
Heart of the Bluegrass
Lexington
Is this Trad? What does OCBD mean? No need to start a (new and possibly redundant) thread on it, just ask it here for a quick answer.

At the suggestion of one of our esteemed members we are starting this thread (in emulation of one in a forum far, far away) in hopes of encouraging newbies (or even forum veterans) to ask questions in good faith and get good faith answers. That means no intentionally goofball questions and give actual serious answers.

AldenPyle

Honors Member
Hong Kong
Kowloon
Clearwater Bay
This is something I have always wondered. What is End on End material? Is it Trad? Would it work in a buttondown?

AlanC

United States
Heart of the Bluegrass
Lexington
See a glossary here:

End-on-end (also end-and-end or end-to-end) – closely woven fabric with alternating fine colored yarn and a white yarn creating a mini checkered effect with a smooth texture.
I think it might work well as a point or club collar.

AlanC

United States
Heart of the Bluegrass
Lexington
Alan C: you have a good idea, but how do you prevent this from becoming a thread?
Well, not my idea I just started the thread, as for the latter--let's move along: next question! :icon_smile:

TradTeacher

United States
Tennessee
Knoxville
How difficult would it be (if it's even possible) to change non-functioning jacket cuff buttons into functioning buttons? I have an unstructured cord jacket that I don't wear much, but one feature I really like about it is the functioning cuff buttons. What might something like this cost?

TT:teacha:

AlanC

United States
Heart of the Bluegrass
Lexington
You would need to make sure the cloth was there for the necessary overlap. If it is, then putting in working cuff buttons is very possible. I've heard quotes of $15-$25/button. You'd have to check with you alterations tailor.

Make sure you have the sleeve length right where you want it before you start.