eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
^^
You are very welcome. Good luck in your hunt! ;)

Our prayers are with Australia, as your Country so heroically fights to control those fires!

LewisDias

Portugal
Lisbon
Lisbon
ok, basically which one would look better in a casual style but that you can wear regularly with a chino and v neck sweater?
is it true that harrington has a connotation of people linked to the extreme right / nazis?

New Old Stock

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
New York
New York
in your opinion what will change in the style and look of each collar of these jackets?
harrington turtleneck, or normal windbraker?

They wear the same, the collar style is completely up to you. Unless youre wearing a harrington with nazi symbols I wouldnt worry about it. Any article of clothing can have a negative connotation to someone somewhere.

Though if you plan to pair it with chinos, I would avoid tan. This assumes your chinos are a similar color. Ive heard of the 'Canadian tuxedo' with denim jacket over jeans, what kind of 'tuxedo' is khaki over khaki?

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
ok, basically which one would look better in a casual style but that you can wear regularly with a chino and v neck sweater?
is it true that harrington has a connotation of people linked to the extreme right / nazis?
To your first question, either would be fine worn regularly with chinos and a v-neck sweater. They both have a similar level of casualness. You should choose based on which ever one you prefer as both jackets really serve the same purpose in a wardrobe

The Harrington has a long history of being a jacket worn by the general public - and certainly got a boost when worn by stars such as Steve McQueen. I have no idea if it has any meaning on the extreme right, but it is, again, a jacket that has been and still is worn by the general public.

LewisDias

Portugal
Lisbon
Lisbon
As for color, will tan be a good choice or should I go with the navy?

I like tan to wear with jeans or blue chinos but I don't know why this color reminds me of older men

Last edited:

Phogi

Starting Member
United States
Illinois
Arlington Heights
I thrifted some new Alan Flusser seersucker pants, the typical white and light blue vertical stripes. The pants are great...but what do you wear with this? I was thinking a dark solid turtleneck?