Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
I thrifted some new Alan Flusser seersucker pants, the typical white and light blue vertical stripes. The pants are great...but what do you wear with this? I was thinking a dark solid turtleneck?
Since they are lightweight and, usually, worn in warm weather, a turtleneck might prove too heavy. I usually just wear a white or navy polo shirt or regular button-front linen shirt (white or blue) with mine.

LewisDias

Portugal
Lisbon
Lisbon
Hello.
Summer is coming and I want to buy a new jacket for this season.
A versatile jacket to wear in the spring and some summer nights, what will be the best choice? a bi swing windbreaker or a poplin jacket?

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
^^
I am not sure there would be much of a difference, if any. Go with your gut/follow your heart on this one and you will not go wrong! ;)

Corcovado

United States
KY
Lexington
QUESTION: Will I damage the leather soles of my shoes if I clean them with disinfecting wipes such as clorox wipes or the the wipes shown in the picture below? My hunch is that it will be fine probably but might dry out the leather or something like that. I would try to avoid the uppers in the first place but I am curious to know what the chemicals would do to that part of the shoe as well.

Eligius

United States
Tennessee
Nashville
This question is not specifically “trad”, but it involves a J Press suit, and there is no similar sticky thread on the fashion forum...

I was wondering opinions on wearing a tan suit for an early evening event in July. It’s a happy socially distanced ceremony in a church and will be from 5:30-6:30, over and gone before sunset. Is this a fashion faux pas? The suit is 12 years old but barely worn, and I’ve been looking for a chance to break it out again.

Charles Dana

Honors Member
United States
California
San Francisco
I was wondering opinions on wearing a tan suit for an early evening event in July. It’s a happy socially distanced ceremony in a church and will be from 5:30-6:30, over and gone before sunset. Is this a fashion faux pas? The suit is 12 years old but barely worn, and I’ve been looking for a chance to break it out again.
What is the ceremony? Do you know the other men who will be there? If you do, are they the “dress-up” type?

Peak and Pine

Connoisseur
United States
Maine
Mars Hill
I was wondering opinions on wearing a tan suit for an early evening event in July. It’s a happy socially distanced ceremony in a church.
What is the ceremony? Do you know the other men who will be there? If you do, are they the “dress-up” type?
I think the question may be about the color. And the hour worn. If so, tan in warm weather daylight (in tropic wool, cotton, blends and linen) are pretty much standard fare for dress-up among a certain set here in New England, the dwindling set who gives a damn.

OldMetairie

New Orleans, LA
United States
LA
Metairie
This question is not specifically “trad”, but it involves a J Press suit, and there is no similar sticky thread on the fashion forum...

Simply answer no this would not be a faux pas imho.

Eligius

United States
Tennessee
Nashville
Yes, I was wondering about the color at that time of day. It's tropical wool, should be very warm and still light out. Thank you all so much for your responses.