At Law

United States
Nebraska
Omaha
It appears Barney's has filed for Bankruptcy Protection and has secured $75M in financing for operating expenses until they find a buyer.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
The lease rate on its huge Manhattan flagship was doubled - that seems to have been the final straw from what I've read.

The bigger structural issue seems to be management never came up with a credible e-commerce effort / plan.

My take, wildly overpriced clothes are always a high-wire act - some will fall off especially in times of retail challenge and change.

Cassadine

United States
Pennsylvania
Butler
The lease rate on its huge Manhattan flagship was doubled - that seems to have been the final straw from what I've read.

The bigger structural issue seems to be management never came up with a credible e-commerce effort / plan.

My take, wildly overpriced clothes are always a high-wire act - some will fall off especially in times of retail challenge and change.
Exactly.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
The funny thing about Barney's is - in men's anyway - it covered a wide spectrum from the avant garde - like those boots - to many items that could have come out of Brooks in its day or Paul Stuart today.

On sale (that store had insane retail prices, but also, great markdowns), I bought shirts, ties, shoes, sweaters and, even, suits from it over the years that all fit nicely in my trad wardrobe. But to emphasize, I had to pick and choose carefully as plenty of outré stuff lined the shelves too.

Last edited: