peterc

Back in 1990 or 1991, I bought a very nice, very thin (thickness 2.5 mm) belt from Brooksfield, an Italian company that had a store in Vancouver. The width of the belt is just a hair more than 1 1/8" in width. The belt is more of a casual belt than a dress belt, but I have found it very dressy as well. It has flat edges and an unfinished back, although the "unfinished-ness" of the back of the belt never stained the waist band of my wool trousers.

The silver buckle on the belt is what buckle shops call a "center bar" buckle - in short, a buckle that is easily found. Buckleguy has plenty.

Over the years, I have searched in vain for a 2.5 mm thick belt with a 1 1/8" width. No luck. I have never found one. So, I thought I'd post here and ask if anyone knows where I can find such a belt?

Thanks in advance.

Peak and Pine

Connoisseur
^

Why so fussy? I use clothes line, Swiss Family Robinson style.

Kiding aside, wish I could help. Can't though, but curious, is it the thickness or the height that's rare? Or finding them in combo?

peterc

I have ordered 3 belts from Equus. All very nice and with a center bar buckle, but all are much thicker than my old Brooksfield.

Aventail-brand

Advertiser
Hello friend @peterc , let see if we can help!
Well, 2.5mm is two thin for our holeless belt, but if you don't mind holed belt, we can make a 2 sided full-grained veg tanned belt from calf leather matching that 2.5mm thickness and 1 1/8" width and in your chosen color.
There are 2 problems though:
- holed belts are very hard to fit remotely, so we can ship the unholed belt to you and you can punch hole yourself
- 1 1/8" buckles are a bit rare here, and can take a while to get it due to Covid-19
If you are fine with the above, you can contact us to discuss further. Have a nice day!

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.