Best button down shirts overall...

John M

United States
New Jersey
Eatontown
I have picked up some great Gitman Bros and Gitman Vintage off of eBay. I am also fond of Bills Khakis and have found a few nice shirts from there too. What other brands should I be paying attention to? I will be a bit more open and say these do not have to be USA made necessarily but I would like to avoid brands that price their stuff high and make it in third world countries.

delicious_scent

Canada
Saskatchewan
Regina
I buy most of my shirts from Spier & Mackay, both OTR and MTM. The shirts are made in India in a factory.

Probably the best value OTR shirts I've found, their OCBDs have a great collar roll. They're really thick though and only wearable when it's fairly cold.

For MTM, I'm allowed to adjust almost anything. I've given them collar point lengths, button-to-button spread, collar band height. Fused, unfused, lined, unlined etc. Wash the fabric before cutting is another request you can make.

For my last shirt I also went with cocktail cuffs.

I will say their cons are wait time and quality control for MTM. 4-6 weeks is what they say, though it usually ends up being 8 weeks for me.

I've received shirts where the measurements were totally off as well.

Big T

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
PA
DuBois
Brooks are my go to (have one on now!).

TKI67

United States
Texas
Austin

John M

United States
New Jersey
Eatontown
@FLMike - My bad... : /

When I created the thread, it didn't even show up in the suggestions. If a mod could please close and merge, I would appreciate it.

ran23

United States
Oregon
Medford
In the beginning, I was happy with Eagle ShirtMakers, lately it is Trad cut Nordstrum or Brooks.

Mike Petrik

Honors Member
United States
Georgia
Atlanta
@FLMike - My bad... : /

When I created the thread, it didn't even show up in the suggestions. If a mod could please close and merge, I would appreciate it.
A sensible request, but to FLMike’s point can you kindly clarify as to whether you are inquiring about button up shirts or shirts with button-down collars?