Timeless Fashion

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Yeah, once you start your shoe collection, it is tough to stop the urge to purchase that extra pair of shoes that you don't really need, but would be nice to have.

JimbaTheHut

Starting Member
But what type/brand of shoe would you recommend for everyday wear (business casual) to the office? I do quite a lot of walking to/from the PATH station in NYC, so I'd need something that's pretty durable.
There is a good article from The Thomas George Collection, a new shoe brand from Australia, that discusses shoes in the COVID-19 era.

Looks like business casual is here to stay.

Last edited by a moderator:

some_dude

AE has been having pretty good sales throughout the Covid era. I bought a pair of dark chili Strands, just because...

I'm trying to beat "business casual" today by wearing a tan summer weight suit and my walnut AE Fifth Avenues, but you have to do what you have to do...

some_dude

Incidentally, in regard to those comments about leather soles, I have gotten AE's rubber tap sole on the Strands I bought recently. Works great in all conditions. Even with a normal leather sole, any competent shoe repair shop can add a rubber cover which will make them work much better in rain.

some_dude

I have a very good one across the street from my office building! Very nice young lady. Knows what she is doing.

There are at least 3 or 4 in downtown Portland, of varying quality.

richard warren

The shoe repair people in my area seem to make enough money re-gluing the soles onto overpriced ladies’ shoes so that they don’t need to know how to deal with traditional men’s shoes. I’m afraid to get them to put new toplifts on.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.