Best Men's Dress Clothes under $100

StevieD009

Starting Member
United States
Florida
Gainesville
Hi all,
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm looking for dress shirts and pants (business casual, but must be slim fitting/tailored) that come in under $100. I've been using Banana Republic for a while, but haven't been that impressed with the fit/quality given the price-point. Other places I've tried like Bonobos haven't really met my standards either. I'm wondering if there aren't some companies making quality clothing that actually fits for under $100? Any ideas are most welcome, thanks!

Dcr5468

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
Louisiana
Mandeville
Hi all,
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm looking for dress shirts and pants (business casual, but must be slim fitting/tailored) that come in under $100. I've been using Banana Republic for a while, but haven't been that impressed with the fit/quality given the price-point. Other places I've tried like Bonobos haven't really met my standards either. I'm wondering if there aren't some companies making quality clothing that actually fits for under $100? Any ideas are most welcome, thanks!
Brooks brother on sale, the last batch I got for less than 50 per shirt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ilikeyourstyle

Canada
Ontario
Toronto
I still like Charles Tyrwhitt shirts for the value they provide. They offer extra slim, slim, and classic fits. I only ever buy the slim fit, and I like how it accommodates a bit of muscle mass without the roominess one would need if they had a gut.

delicious_scent

Canada
Saskatchewan
Regina
Spier & Mackay is the best value/quality ratio out of any other company I've seen. The shirts would be even cheaper for americans, and their slim fit is more slim fit than Charles Tyrwhitt.

They don't do non-iron though if that's an issue, or different sleeve lengths for their RTW shirts. I must be sounding like a shill with how often I prop them up.

They do offer MTM shirts as well though, and I think they'd definitely be under $100USD.

IT_cyclist

United States
Indiana
Bloomington
Ledbury shirts can sometimes be had on sale for under $100. Their slim fit is quite trim. Patience (and often a discount code) is required to get under $100.

SG_67

Connoisseur
United States
Illinois
Chicago
For shirts, hands down Kamakura, assuming they have the sizes your looking for.

As for slacks, that's a tough one. I'd say give J Crew a shot. The Bowery slim fit might work. The cotton slalcks are <$100.

Dcr5468

United States
Louisiana
Mandeville
For slacks try your local high end men's store. You can find seasonal 250 - 300 sacks marked down to below 100. I picked up a really nice pair of hickey freeman flannels for less than 150 (395 regular price). If found on sale for 75-80 Jack Victor makes some quality slacks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheBarbaron

United States
Virginia
Charlottesville
I'll second the recommendations for Kamakura and Ledbury right at the $100 price point, and Charles Tyrwhitt far below the price point.
If you have difficulty finding a good fit, you can also get decent MTM shirts at that range with a modicum of effort.

Spex

Canada
Ontario
Toronto
I was beat to the punch. I'm a tall, slim guy and my closet consists of almost entirely Brooks Brothers, Kamakura, Spier & Mackay with a couple of J Crew Bowery Classic trousers I purchased at a very deep discount at the end of a season.

Edit: I'm also cheap, so I almost always purchase things when they are on sale and rarely pay more over $100 for any item, unless it's shoes, a sport coat or suit.