Best Value Boat Shoes?

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by ErnstStavroBlofeld, Apr 15, 2019.

1. eagle2250

eagle2250 Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator

Harmony, FL
    United States
    Florida
    Harmony
    Does Timberland still sell their three eyelet, gum rubber lug soled boat shoes/Tanks. I once got about seven years wear out of a pair of those monsters, before they finally 'gave up the ghost' as I walked a section of the Appalachian Trail! Tery were indeed a great pair of shoes. ;)

2. Zengineer

Zengineer New Member

United States
    MICHIGAN
    Bruce Township
    They not only still do but you can customize the leather, stitch, lug and lace colors dozens of different ways and special order yourself a unique pair. I haven't owned a pair in 25 years so I can't say the quality is what it used to be but they were a great pair of shoes back then anyhow.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3. SG_67

SG_67 Connoisseur

United States
    Illinois
    Chicago
    That used to be Timberland’s “killer app”. It was a pretty sturdy shoe and wore well. I had a pair in college. I believe then it was still American made.

eagle2250 likes this.
  4. g3org3y

g3org3y Active Member with Corp. Privileges

UK
    SE
    London
    I'm not sure about the exact ones you mean. Their selection online is extensive. Something for everybody. ;)

Give me a few mins and I'll get a photo of my current Timberland boat shoes.

EDIT: Here you go. 20190417_132434.jpg
    Great summer shoe imo. Worn without socks. Very comfortable.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    eagle2250 likes this.
  5. Zengineer

Zengineer New Member

United States
    MICHIGAN
    Bruce Township
    I think they just call them Timberland Handsewn(s)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    SG_67 likes this.
  6. eagle2250

eagle2250 Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator

Harmony, FL
    United States
    Florida
    Harmony
    Is feeling nostalgic about an old pair of long gone shoes, sufficient reason for buying a new pair of Timberland Lugged Sole Boat Shoes? Egad, I may be about to do something stupid. Oh well, it wouldn't be the first time! LOL. ;)

7. Zengineer

Zengineer New Member

United States
    MICHIGAN
    Bruce Township
    I am tempted too but worry they will look like the pair I loved 25 years ago but not wear in and last like that pair.

Just to clarify..I don't think the lugged sole handsewns we had are considered boat shoes or called that by timberland. For half the price they make a 2 eyelet, no metal reinforcements, less aggressive sole boat shoe.

eagle2250 likes this.
  8. The Irishman

The Irishman Active Member with Corp. Privileges

Ireland
    Leinster
    Dublin
    Dubarry all the way, chaps...

9. TKI67

TKI67 Senior Member

United States
    Texas
    Austin
    A handsome shoe, but I’m not wearing soles like that on a wet deck!

10. fishertw

fishertw Super Member

United States
    North Carolina
    Boone
    I loved the Sperry Kudus! A couple of years ago Sperry issued some sort of Anniversary model of shoe which I ordered. They did have the thicker sole like the Kudus. When they arrived, there was a worrisome seam at the very rear end of the shoe which rubbed the heel significantly. I'd have loved to have Kudus and would gladly pay substantial dollars for them.

TKI67 likes this.