Best Value Boat Shoes?

David J. Cooper

Canada
BC
Vancouver
They did make that Lug Sole shoe with a boat sole. It was their entry into the market in the late 70s. Right now I have a pair of Dunham’s. They are sewn not glued and have been very comfortable for 2 years now.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
I think they just call them Timberland Handsewn(s)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Is feeling nostalgic about an old pair of long gone shoes, sufficient reason for buying a new pair of Timberland Lugged Sole Boat Shoes? Egad, I may be about to do something stupid. Oh well, it wouldn't be the first time! LOL. ;)
Egad, Your illustration just proved to be too darned compelling. I shopped the net and found a pair for $67.19 at Macy's. They will be on our front porch within a week! :crazy:

Oldsport

United States
New Jersey
Swedesboro
I have been wearing the Timberland Boat Shoes for going on three years now. I like them better than the Sperry AOs. The leather is more sturdy on the upper and the sole is a little more substantial also. I have a pair of AE Boat Shoes in the Navy Blue. I like them also. The leather on the AE is much stiffer, however still comfortable. The AEs seem like they will last longer.

eagle2250

Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
I think they just call them Timberland Handsewn(s)

Egad, Your illustration just proved to be too darned compelling. I shopped the net and found a pair for $67.19 at Macy's. They will be on our front porch within a week! :crazy:
The new babies were delivered on our front porch, as we sat eating our breakfast, this morning!
IMG_3107.JPG IMG_3108.JPG

Now what to do with another pair of casual mocs? What in the world was I thinking(!)? SWMBO was right...I may have lost it. LOL. ;)

Zengineer

United States
MICHIGAN
Bruce Township
The new babies were delivered on our front porch, as we sat eating our breakfast, this morning!
View attachment 30434 View attachment 30435

Now what to do with another pair of casual mocs? What in the world was I thinking(!)? SWMBO was right...I may have lost it. LOL. ;)
Let me know if they seem true to size, I want to order a custom pair and they aren't returnable. Especially if you happen to own any AE's.

krock

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Ukraine
Kiev
Kiev
There is a totally similar model, LLOYD CANADA, I used to have them about ten years ago and was quite satisfied. Hadchosen them over Timberland as they felt more comfortable. Might be slightly more expensive (as far as I remember, I had bought my Lloyds at an outlet in Parndorf for 75 Euro while Timberland could had been had for 69 at the same place).

eagle2250

Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
^^(in response to Zengineer's post #27)
These Timberland Authentic Handsewn Boat Shoes (that's how they are labeled on the box) do seem to fit true to size and I'm very familiar with Allen Edmond's, having purchased 40+ pair over a lifetime. Just 17 pair of AE's currently remaining in my rotation. The others were worn out and disposed of or were donated to Local Goodwill Stores and Church Resale Shops.

In the interest of total candor, I should tell you that these new Timberland Authentics do not seem to be made quite as robustly as the pair I had that I wore so many years, but as stated earlier, they do fit true to size and the pliable leather holds great promise for stretching as necessary to mold to the wearers feet! I should also disclose that after I wore out my first pair of these 'boat shoe battleships', I purchased two sequential pairs of the design from Timberland Outlet stores, neither of which lasted more than, at most, six months. The soles cracked all the way through and all the way across the sole at the base of the heels. In any event, here they are in place on the dogs:

IMG_3109.JPG