Sweetness

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
If you had to choose one shoe for casual "loafing" around town, which would it be?

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
I would go with the penny loafer, without a doubt. The Alden cord LHS is my current favorite...it just works for me!

AldenPyle

Honors Member
Hong Kong
Kowloon
Clearwater Bay
Penny. I wear as little jewelry as my wife will allow. My shoes feel the same way.

But that's just me. Not that I haven't seen good looks with the bit.

Mike Petrik

Honors Member
United States
Georgia
Atlanta
If it is truly for "loafing," I'd go with the penny. I like the look of bit loafers, but they strike me as a bit dressier.

paper clip

Advanced Member
United States
Massachusetts
Boston
If it is truly for "loafing," I'd go with the penny. I like the look of bit loafers, but they strike me as a bit dressier.
Similar to my thinking.

I had never liked bit loafers, but since seeing all the pics of them of late, I now would not say 'never'.

Markus

I'll probably get flamed for this but...

I just can't imagine ever wearing bit loafers. Guess they're too strongly associated with images (in my minds eye) of guys who were totally clueless when they first came out back in the 70s. Guys who were complete squares.

I've been surprised to see folks advocating them on this board, in spite of the OPH including them as a part of a trad look. I'm older now than the squares I knew 30 years ago who were wearing them but I still find myself feeling that they are somehow for an older guy. However old I get I doubt that I'll ever feel like I'm "that old" that I want to wear them...

(Ducks for cover)

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts