Frayed Oxford

Starting Member
United States
Connecticut
Hartford
I am a long-time reader (since 2009), but first time poster. I am Interested in the board's thoughts on these pants: http://www.bonobos.com/chekovers-houndstooth-overcheck-pant-brown.

I just ordered a pair for ~$100 (a $35 discount was given at checkout for an unknown, but welcome, reason), and I'm excited given that $100 for a made in USA pair of pants that appear to be of good quality seems like a bargain to me.

Any experience with the quality and fit of Bonobos USA-made pants? I usually wear J Press and Bills

hookem12387

Advanced Member
The fit is just silly. It makes your butt look giant, is tight on the thighs, then almost appears to bell out, bootcut style, at the calf. Not a Bonobos fan. Maybe it works for people without big butts/thighs

statboy

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
OK
Oklahoma City
Yeah, I think the guy is wearing his girlfriend's trousers. Is that a 2-inch rise? Its too bad, because check pants do seem to be hard to come by.

AJLP

United States
North Carolina
Raleigh
The fit did not work for me at all. They fit my brother quite well. Alas, he is several inches taller and many pounds lighter.

Last edited:

Frayed Oxford

Starting Member
United States
Connecticut
Hartford
I received the pants yesterday and will be returning them. The cut is horrendous. I am a somewhat thin guy, and the cut of the seat/rise in the pants is not flattering at all.

Semper Jeep

United States
Michigan
Bloomfield Hills
I've tried Bonobos for pants on repeated occasions for everything from he dress wool to cords to very casual chinos and their sizing and cuts are all over the place. I probably wouldn't buy any of their pants again unless they are offered up at about 80% off or something. I do however have a couple of their oxford and chambray shirts and have been really impressed. The quality is really good if you can get them on sale (which you nearly always can - I think I got mine for about 50% off). Bonobos also has about the best customer service of any web-based company I've ever dealt with.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts