bluesman

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
Pennsylvania
Philadelphia
If i could ever afford those kind of prices, I'd be going bespoke
Some excellent tailors offer bespoke garments for less than OTR from Brioni, Kiton, Isaia, Zegna, Armani, Ford etc. I'd much rather have a bespoke suit from simple high quality fabric than an OTR suit of very expensive cloth with a designer label.

If you're buying heavily discounted goods, bespoke is a major step up in price. But if you're getting your Brioni OTR at list (or even "on sale" at places like NM), you can get bespoke goods for the same price or less. The material may not be quite as luxurious, but no bespoke tailor in my experience uses less than excellent cloth even for his or her lowest priced garments.

If you search the forum, you'll find other threads over the years addressing the same issue the same way.

Balfour

Suspended
UK
Scottish Borders
Innerleithen
Some excellent tailors offer bespoke garments for less than OTR from Brioni, Kiton, Isaia, Zegna, Armani, Ford etc. I'd much rather have a bespoke suit from simple high quality fabric than an OTR suit of very expensive cloth with a designer label.

If you're buying heavily discounted goods, bespoke is a major step up in price. But if you're getting your Brioni OTR at list (or even "on sale" at places like NM), you can get bespoke goods for the same price or less. The material may not be quite as luxurious, but no bespoke tailor in my experience uses less than excellent cloth even for his or her lowest priced garments.

If you search the forum, you'll find other threads over the years addressing the same issue the same way.
:thumbs-up:

CuffDaddy

Connoisseur
I would say that Attolini is at the top; superior to Kiton and Brioni. It is entirely handmade in Naples. Softer than Brioni for sure.
I express no opinion on whether it Attolini is superior (I've never handled, much less worn, an example). And I entirely credit your claim that it is softer. But to the extent it is better, it is not better because it is softer. Softness of construction (or lack thereof) is almost entirely a matter of preference. There are many men who find that they are not flattered by a soft garment.