Odradek

Advanced Member
UK
Oxfordshire
Henley on Thames
Just wondering if Brooks Brothers versions of Allen Edmonds shoes qualify for recrafting back at the factory..
Can't see why not, as that's where they're made, but you never know.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
^^
Indeed, if the BB version of an AE design is one of their welted designs, they generally can be recrafted by AE.

ada8356

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
TX
TX
Seems I've read somewhere (most likely on here) that they do not qualify. But I'm with the OP, I can't see why they wouldn't.

Odradek

Advanced Member
UK
Oxfordshire
Henley on Thames
I've e-mailed Allen Edmonds, but being a weekend I won't get an answer until Monday.

There should be no impediment to them being recrafted by Allen Edmonds, but, they are sol by a different retailer.
Only thinking of it as I'm probably going to buy some MacNeils from the Shoebank, and the Brooks Brothers version is a lot less expensive.

Last edited:

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
I've e-mailed Allen Edmonds, but being a weekend I won't get an answer until Monday.

There should be no impediment to them being recrafted by Allen Edmonds, but, they are sol by a different retailer.
Only thinking of it as I'm probably going to buy some MacNeils from the Shoebank, and the Brooks Brothers version is a lot less expensive.
Brooks is less expensive than AE shoe bank?

salgy

United States
Tennessee
Memphis
If the AE version is recraftable, the BB version is too... I asked this very question 3 weeks ago when I picked up a pair of black BB "strands" at the AE outlet in destin...

4dgt90

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
DC
Washington
I picked up some BB branded Strands from the AE Shoebank last month. They came from AE in an AE box with an AE receipt.

... but, they are sol[d] by a different retailer...

Odradek

Advanced Member
UK
Oxfordshire
Henley on Thames
I picked up some BB branded Strands from the AE Shoebank last month. They came from AE in an AE box with an AE receipt.

Thanks.
I've e-mailed Allen Edmonds but they haven't got back to me yet, however your experience answers the question I think.

Spex

Canada
Ontario
Toronto
My understanding is that it's the construction of the shoe (eg: welted sole vs rubber soled driving shoes) and whether it's ever been modified by a 3rd party cobbler (let's say, had the soles replaced by a non-AE shop) that determines the recraftability at AE.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts