Brooks Brothers/Alden LHS shell cordovan - an initial review and question

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
California
Santa Monica
That may well be the last vestige of the Brooks Brothers I knew and loved. I still miss “makers” suits with no label on the inside pocket, must iron (for work) OCBDs with perfect collar roll and a pocket for my pen, the black and white labels on the ties (especially the madder ties), the calf belts with the leather covered buckles, the socks with the golden circle around the top, the garish cords and Shetlands with colors that clearly marked the year in which you bought them, and most of all, my salesperson, Carol Dohra, who knew more about clothing than I ever will and who wore her candy striper uniform to work once a week.
The Golden Fleece sized socks, made in England, (what you call the socks with the golden circle around the top) are still available. They could be the very last unchanged product from the old days.

Last edited:

cordovanpapi

Starting Member
United States
Hawaii
Honolulu
From the horses mouth :(

"Thank you for contacting Brooks Brothers.

I do believe they have discontinued the older pair.
I had a similar request a few days ago for the same shoes and
the merchants never gave us a restock date and we have not
found any in the inventory unfortunately.

If we can be of further assistance, please contact our support team at (800) 274-1815 or email us at [email protected].

Sincerely"

trgolf

United States
Pennsylvania
Downingtown
From the horses mouth :(

"Thank you for contacting Brooks Brothers.

I do believe they have discontinued the older pair.
I had a similar request a few days ago for the same shoes and
the merchants never gave us a restock date and we have not
found any in the inventory unfortunately.

If we can be of further assistance, please contact our support team at (800) 274-1815 or email us at [email protected].

Sincerely"
Very sad day and happy that I got the last pair of 8D Shell LHS during the recent sale at $420. Their website now is mostly 1818 made in Italy.

zagfan

Starting Member
United States
WASHINGTON (WA)
Spokane
LHS are back up on Brooks Brothers site in limited sizes. Just picked up my 1st pair. Hopefully in better shape than the OP.