anonymouz

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
TX
Austin
In terms of quality, which is better- Brooks Brothers' boys' suits or Hickey Freeman's boys' suits?

Wrenkin

Canada
Ontario
Toronto
Are you buying for yourself? If it's for someone who's still growing I don't see why you wouldn't buy the cheapest non-embarrassing suit.

bluesmobile_440

United States
Pennsylvania
Pittsburgh
If you're buying for multiple use, I recommend Hickey Freeman mainline for boys suits. While neither brand is fantastic quality for boys' suits, HF mainline has the edge in this area. Hope this helps

anonymouz

United States
TX
Austin
thanks for the responses.
and yes, i'm buying for myself (it's hard to find 34's). i was just looking for a navy blazer.

anonymouz

United States
TX
Austin
I've heard about TaT. I plan to buy one from them in the future.

ChriO- Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, other than Jimmy Au's, the smallest any of the other shops have is a 36.

I do have one H&M suit in a 34 but the quality is obviously not very good.

pt4u67

Honors Member
Just curious: Are the boys line from HF and BB constructed to the same standards and with similar materials as the adult lines? I would think not given the reluctance of most to spend the same on children's clothing.

FIHTies

Inactive user
thanks for the responses.
and yes, i'm buying for myself (it's hard to find 34's). i was just looking for a navy blazer.
The HF Navy Blazer in size 18 or 20 will work for you. Unfortunately as its a basic they never go on sale.

I've heard about TaT. I plan to buy one from them in the future.

ChriO- Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, other than Jimmy Au's, the smallest any of the other shops have is a 36.

I do have one H&M suit in a 34 but the quality is obviously not very good.
I do carry 34S, 36S and 34R as well.

Just curious: Are the boys line from HF and BB constructed to the same standards and with similar materials as the adult lines? I would think not given the reluctance of most to spend the same on children's clothing.
Generally the fabrics are the same, as is the production line however the suits are all Fused in the boys Line, as opposed to the mens which cuts down on cost. I am sure there are many otheer differences, however that is the only clear one that I can immediately see.

bluesmobile_440

United States
Pennsylvania
Pittsburgh
Nope. Materials can be similar to their low level lines, but the construction is definitely inferior

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts