Belgravia

United States
CT
Milford
With Brooks transitioning into Joseph A. Banks-style sales coming and going, I wanted to document this year's Christmas sale.
Yesterday, December 25th, was an additional 20 percent off everything. For the 26th and 27th, the lure is an additional 15 percent, with the addition of brick and mortar stores being open. Obviously, everyone's mileage will differ as to how useful the sale is.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
With Brooks transitioning into Joseph A. Banks-style sales coming and going, I wanted to document this year's Christmas sale.
Yesterday, December 25th, was an additional 20 percent off everything. For the 26th and 27th, the lure is an additional 15 percent, with the addition of brick and mortar stores being open. Obviously, everyone's mileage will differ as to how useful the sale is.
I went to the Madison Ave store today and was underwhelmed. For the OCBDs, you need to buy four to get the 40% off - hence, my need for one went unmet. A lot of items - like socks - were buy 3 get 25% off - yawn. Red Fleece was 25% many items, but no more. Reflective of the skimpiness of the sale - and that BB has a lot of sales of equal value throughout the year - the store was (I kid you not) empty when I was there in the morning.

(Sounding like I'm 100 years old, I'm 55) In the old days, the semi-annual clearance sale at BB was much better - you didn't need to buy three or four to get the sale price, more things were on sale, the discounts were, overall, deeper and BB truly only had two main sales a year; otherwise, you pretty much paid full price.

Belgravia

United States
CT
Milford
Hard to believe the volume of e-mail they send touting what is currently on sale.

Eligius

United States
Tennessee
Nashville
Last week they had a 40% off any 2 items in store. I was excited but actually left empty handed. The store here is 1/2 the size it was prior to a remodel. I didn’t want a non-iron shirt or Regent cut made in ? sport coat, so there was little to meet my interests. They had some Regent cut flannels for what would have been a good price, but their “regular” rise was a lot shorter than my preference. The JAB analogy is fitting.

Ungentleman

Japan
Tokyo
Tokyo
I got four unlined Original Polo OCBDs a few weeks ago via one of the bigger sales, which, in combination with some reward points, brought the cost per shirt down to $42.00, or thereabouts. That was a genuinely good deal.

I just bought another four on this sale (thanks for the heads-up, gents, like I really needed four more!) at at the standard discount plus some more rewards, bringing the price to around $71.00. Not a smoking deal, but a fair value for these specific shirts, I think.

Again, I thank you for the heads-up about the sale. My wallet doesn't, however. :)

Belgravia

United States
CT
Milford
For comparison purposes, the 2018 sale was an additional 15 percent off everything from December 25 to 27.

The larger discounts have historically applied to multiple purchases for the last decade. The price point for shirts and ties is good for those who are building their wardrobe or want to do an annual refreshing.

Jeff84

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
Michigan
Livonia
I bought several things during their sale, linen and cotton chinos, a cardigan, brown leather gloves. During the 40% off two items in store, I bought a v-neck sweater for me and an OCBD for my nephew for next to nothing.

Ungentleman

Japan
Tokyo
Tokyo
Hmm... it seems that if I had waited a day, I would have gotten an additional 15% discount on top of the 40% four-or-more discount. This additional 15% is valid for the next two days, if anyone is interested.