Big T

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
PA
DuBois
At the moment, I'm staying at the Omni William Penn, in downtown Pittsburgh. Less than 100 yards away is a BB. I shall wander in there later today.

The last time I was in that store (Easter time, several years ago), they had several tables of various shirts on sale, with each table marked the same, something like "3 for $175.00). I picked two shirts from one tabe and one shirt from another. Whilst checking out, the clerk informed me, that since the shirts did not all come from the same table, they would be full price. I left and have not returned since, but I shall try again later today.

Eligius

United States
Tennessee
Nashville
I did get one thing in the pre Christmas sale. A striped ecru button down GF. The sticker price was high, but wiith all of the discounts, it came out similar to a pretty nice shirt from elsewhere on sale. Brooks Bros does still do some things that keep my interest up. I’ve found almost no one else who reliably has ecru shirts at a good price. The must iron regular shirts on these type of sales come out at about $30.

Last edited:

Big T

United States
PA
DuBois
I did visit the downtown Pittsburgh BB (NOT a BB outlet store) and was a bit disheartened to see that the store did have several tables marked in the same manner (Regent, etc.) as their outlet stores. I was told at a BB outlet store that the label names differentiates between outlet and regular stores.

Would like to hear from BB if this is true, as I've had excellent fit and wear from regular BB shirts.

Ungentleman

Japan
Tokyo
Tokyo
Milano (skinny), Regent (slightly slim), Madison (standard BB fit), and Traditional (extra full) are all fit names, and have never, to my knowledge, been used as a quality indicator, or to differentiate between outlet and standard products. For example, I have bought Brooks' reincarnated OCBD, which is one of their more expensive shirts at full price, in both Regent and Madison fit. I don't think Brooks Brothers makes a dress shirt in this day and age that isn't categorized into one of those four fits.

Last edited:

Big T

United States
PA
DuBois
Milano (skinny), Regent (slightly slim), Madison (standard BB fit), and Traditional (extra full) are all fit names, and have never, to my knowledge, been used as a quality indicator, or to differentiate between outlet and standard products. For example, I have bought Brooks' reincarnated OCBD, which is one of their more expensive shirts at full price, in both Regent and Madison fit. I don't think Brooks Brothers makes a dress shirt in this day and age that isn't categorized into one of those four fits.
Thanks-I was relaying what I was told at a BB outlet store (Gettysburg, PA).

IT_cyclist

United States
Indiana
Bloomington
They recently added Soho (skinnier than Milano) Unless they've enbiggened all the other cuts, I'd have to think that the market for Soho cut will be vanishingly small. The wearer will also vanish if he turns sideways.

Big T

United States
PA
DuBois
Well, I'm a "tubby" old guy! Think I'm going to try some shirts tailored just for me (was going to go down this path anyways, as I'm a large, but with a thick neck).

Eligius

United States
Tennessee
Nashville
Yesterday there was a countdown clock to the end of the 50% off semi-annual sale. Today starts the 50% off winter sale!

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
Update - finally, you can now buy 1 shirt (if it's in the Winter Sales selection and get 50% off) versus before when you had to buy 4 to get the discount.

Hence, I was able to buy the one OCBD (blue University stripe - BB has some other name for it, yeah, they really get their heritage) I've needed for 50% off.

I have no idea why (haven't bought anything from BB in a long time), but I also had $20 in "Brooks Reward $s," so, all in, with shipping, the $140 shirt cost me $60, but even at $80 (without the reward $s) it's okay value.

IT_cyclist

United States
Indiana
Bloomington
I have no idea why (haven't bought anything from BB in a long time), but I also had $20 in "Brooks Reward $s," so, all in, with shipping, the $140 shirt cost me $60, but even at $80 (without the reward $s) it's okay value.
shhh! Don't tell them that.