Astrid1980

Starting Member
Germany
nedersaksen
Bremen
My son has had as extra a new winter coat on his birthday from his grandma ( my mother in law)
It is a trench coat wat can be worn on both sides, as an faux fur lined camouflage army coat and as full faux fur coat.
My mother in law and my husband , likes the way that my son is wearing this coat as an fur coat, because they have good memory's, my husband has in his teens worn a simular coat ( I've seen photo's), and is even thinking to wear a fur coat by him self again.
But I have so my thoughts about this coat, I have never seen 7 year old boy's wearing fur coats ( only some fur on their hood ) but not full fur coats, and how is it on school go other kids bulling him because of his fur coat?
But the coat fits good
We live in Germany and want ask are more young boy's who are wearing fur coats that age?

Picture is in the camouflage army style, can't find a good picture when the fur is on the outside.

749bb0a9-9940-4584-af23-31b52b80858c.__CR0,0,300,300_PT0_SX300_V1___.jpg

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
Years ago the USAF sent me to Germany and frankly I do not recall seeing anyone, child or adult, boy or girl wearing a coat that looked anything like the one in you picture. I have no idea what the prevailing styles for children in Germany are today, but you are right in your assessment of the young folks penchant for bullying those that look, are or seem to be different! I would not presume to put my Grand children in that position! ;)

challer

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
Virginia
Alexandria
I've never seen such a coat, here or in Germany. Children are going to do what they are going to do. I would give it any energy.

Peak and Pine

Honors Member
United States
Maine
Mars Hill
With all due respect, I would not want to be your little boy shoved into that thing. Consider giving it to charity, or to a family whose little boy is transitioning.

Astrid1980

Starting Member
Germany
nedersaksen
Bremen
With all due respect, I would not want to be your little boy shoved into that thing. Consider giving it to charity, or to a family whose little boy is transitioning.

No I will not give it away it's a very good coat good made materials are excellent and I think that the coat is also warm enough for my son.
But I've never had seen such fur coats before for boy's so I was wondering of there are more boy's who have such coats and wear it, but what I have discovered that this is a new trend here

drlivingston

Connoisseur
United States
of
America
He might get away with wearing it in Europe. But, over here, it would be open season on him.

Troones

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Canada
Ontario
Toronto
A quick Google search for "boys fur coats" actually yielded quite a few results with images similar to this. The style seems to be inspired by clothing worn by the Inuit. Most results describe them as "unisex" but pretty much everything is these days in kids fashion. So it does seem to be a trend.

Shaver

Connoisseur
England
Manchester
German grandma? Hmmm. I would be reluctant to approve the choices of elderly Germans. Know what I'm sayin'?

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
On the banks of the Willamette
United States
Oregon
Oak Grove
I believe that might depend on how elderly. I, after all, am 72 and was born two years after the end of the war. By the time I reached voting age, Nazis were held in even less favor in germany than they are now in the U.S., sadly. Hopefully, this will turn out to be a temporary aberration . . .

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts