StephenRG

Honors Member
United States
New York
Merrick
More evidence for why Gilt Groupe cannot be trusted:

- Testoni basics imported (i.e., not Italian) with a claimed original retail price of $495.

Just try and find a kosher full retail price "Testoni Basics"...or indeed, any non-internet-discounter selling them at all. But if Testoni want to cheapen their brand, let 'em.

Retired_but_working

Starting Member
Understand this thread is an older one, but thought I would offer the response I received from a.testoni which you may find helpful.

Oggetto: Hello, I purchased a pair of a.testoni shoes from GILT. Oxford Captoe D45755EVM 97747LIJ. I thought I was buying Italian Shoes. While the box is stamped Bologna, Italy the shoes themselves say "made in Romania". Was I sold a fake, or does a.testoni have shoes made in Romania?
Thanks - Warmest Regards, Mike

—————-

Dear Sirs,

We refer to your enquiry regarding testoni Basic and are sending you here-below some additional information.

The shoes produced under the trade mark "testoni basic" belong to a promotional range of products available only on the Internet USA Channel and stores which have promotional items.

The above products are produced inside Europe. As far as construction is concerned it is totally different from that of "a.testoni" products The construction for "testoni BASIC" is in fact less prestigious, and less expensive, therefore promotional.

The address where you purchased them, have stated country of origin and name of the range of products, kindly note that the label on the box is related to the location of the Company.

Thank you for being "testoni BASIC" customer.

Best regards

————————
At Guilt they do NOT say the county of origin is Romania, they simply say “imported” and then provide the information for a.testoni’s Italian Heritage. Which lead me to believe these were italian. They are very nice shoes, but lesson learned for me. Regards, Mike

jm22

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
New York
Syracuse
Understand this thread is an older one, but thought I would offer the response I received from a.testoni which you may find helpful.

Oggetto: Hello, I purchased a pair of a.testoni shoes from GILT. Oxford Captoe D45755EVM 97747LIJ. I thought I was buying Italian Shoes. While the box is stamped Bologna, Italy the shoes themselves say "made in Romania". Was I sold a fake, or does a.testoni have shoes made in Romania?
Thanks - Warmest Regards, Mike

—————-

Dear Sirs,

We refer to your enquiry regarding testoni Basic and are sending you here-below some additional information.

The shoes produced under the trade mark "testoni basic" belong to a promotional range of products available only on the Internet USA Channel and stores which have promotional items.

The above products are produced inside Europe. As far as construction is concerned it is totally different from that of "a.testoni" products The construction for "testoni BASIC" is in fact less prestigious, and less expensive, therefore promotional.

The address where you purchased them, have stated country of origin and name of the range of products, kindly note that the label on the box is related to the location of the Company.

Thank you for being "testoni BASIC" customer.

Best regards

————————
At Guilt they do NOT say the county of origin is Romania, they simply say “imported” and then provide the information for a.testoni’s Italian Heritage. Which lead me to believe these were italian. They are very nice shoes, but lesson learned for me. Regards, Mike
Sounds like trademark confusion that is deliberately put in place to make you think you're buying italian made shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peterc

United States
california
san francisco
Whenever you see the word "imported" to describe an item, rest assured it is not made in the USA, Canada, France, England or Italy. When I see the word, I move on.

MaxBuck

Advanced Member
United States
Ohio
Dublin
Whenever you see the word "imported" to describe an item, rest assured it is not made in the USA, Canada, France, England or Italy. When I see the word, I move on.
Not I; I've purchased fine clothing items made in such locations as Mauritius, Vietnam and Indonesia. My concern is with construction, not locus of origin, but this problem purchase seems to have failed on both measures.

firedancer

Shopping at guilt is just like shopping at an outlet retailer or even the likes of a Syms, I know they're out of business.

They seem to stock basics year round. It seems like every time I log in they're still hawking these A. Testoni jobbers. Once in a blue moon they will have something I may be interested in, but I've really stopped checking, the sale alerts twice a day were wearing on me.

They have good stuff at fair prices once in a while.

The burden is really on the consumer to know what they're buying, and if they're getting a good value.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts