HanEyeAm

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
VA
Mechanicsville
It's a cargo short love fest!

A typical dad in the suburbs will wake up on a Saturday morning knowing that at some point he's going to have to be carrying around pacifiers, tools for household fixes, maybe a kids water bottle, a to-do list, and probably tons of other stuff, likely all at the same time.

A specific example: he needs somewhere to put the mail when his three year old is begging for him to carry her back from the mailbox. (Ask me how I know)

Another use for slim cargo pants (non- expandable pockets) it's for cell phones. I find that it is more flattering and comfortable to have a cell phone on the thigh rather than a typical pants pocket.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Big T

United States
PA
DuBois
I have camo cargo shorts, used when I have to go stealth mode. I seriously do wear 'em around the house for chores, so I can carry everything I need with me, on a Saturday morning, like several cigars (Ashton Classic), lighter, cutter, pocket knife, back-up pocketknife and a beverage.

FLMike

Connoisseur
United States
FL
West Coast
I just came back from a department store and bought two pairs of cargo shorts, I felt I needed more shorts for when the hot summer approaches and they're slim relaxed too so they're not so tight.
Howard, I’ll forgive you for resurrecting a ten-year-old thread about cargo shorts - the biggest sartorial punchline of the last decade - if you can explain to me what “slim relaxed” means? ;)

(As for the next two fellas who posted, sorry, you’re not forgiven. :devil:)

Big T

United States
PA
DuBois
Howard, I’ll forgive you for resurrecting a ten-year-old thread about cargo shorts - the biggest sartorial punchline of the last decade - if you can explain to me what “slim relaxed” means? ;)

One of my employees was complaining about his daughter insisting on wearing skinny jeans despite her being about 5' 5" and weighing 200 pounds.

Howard

Connoisseur
United States
New York
Bayside

I guess "slim relaxed" means, not too tight and more room to breathe, Is that a good description, Mike?

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
On the banks of the Willamette
United States
Oregon
Oak Grove
I am attempting to multi-task three things: a greenhouse construction, a hot sauce company to get into Amazon and garden to tend. This is one more task than I am honestly capable of multi-ing, especially since I live with no more help than a standard poodle. When staying within the confines of my micro-estate, cargo shorts have a great deal of practicality, especially with clip-on suspenders because the pockets are full of tools, seeds, fasteners, etc. Fortunately, the landscaping has grown up enough that the neighbors can't see me very well.

Leave the premises like this? I'll die first!

Cassadine

United States
Pennsylvania
Butler
Cargo shorts are made for yard-work days for those of us that, of necessity, are wedded to our mobile phones, key rings etc. The pockets are handy. That is their only redeeming value. Personally, I never wear shorts in public unless I'm sweating like a farmhand in the yard--once or twice a year at a pool party.

burnedandfrozen

United States
CA
Los Angeles
I would have thought by now cargo shorts would be hopelessly out of fashion and nobody would be caught walking out their front door in them but here in Los Angeles they are still all the rage. Costco still sells them so maybe that's why. Anyway, personally, I think if wearing cargo shorts prevents people from otherwise carrying a huge backpack everywhere then by all means let's encourage cargo shorts. I mean, really, why do so many people have these huge backpacks everywhere they go? Even older folks who probably aren't taking a full load at the local city college seem to have these huge backpacks that in a crowded space pretty much prevents anyone from moving around them. Why? What have they got in there they can't leave in the car or at home? The most I ever have on me at any given time is my phone, keys, and a money clip holding my license, debit card, and Visa card and a few $20's. I've never felt the need for cargo shorts and certainly not for a backpack that would be better suited for hiking the Grand Canyon rather then visiting the local movie theater or super market.

Howard

Connoisseur
United States
New York
Bayside
Cargo shorts are made for yard-work days for those of us that, of necessity, are wedded to our mobile phones, key rings etc. The pockets are handy. That is their only redeeming value. Personally, I never wear shorts in public unless I'm sweating like a farmhand in the yard--once or twice a year at a pool party.

I wear shorts at home because I get bitten by bugs almost all the time, that is why I wear pants during the summer.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts