eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
If not now, they were in the past. I've harvested the images from the net as a whole. I'll look again, and see if I can find the original source. But a note; from the limited amount I can discern from this one photo, these look to be of particularly fine quality. And from what I've seen so far, such links, whether vintage or new,, tend to be one-offs, and carry a four figure price tag.

If I can't locate these, I'll let you know if I encounter any that are similar. 👍
Art work/accessories that seem beyond my ken and are clearly beyond my budget! LOL. ;)

Flanderian

Connoisseur
A less common but aesthetically rewarding way to wear some of these links is to pair them with darker, jewel tone, tartan like plaid shirts. I know that some/many don't enjoy pairing a shirt of such cloth with a tie, but I find it very rewarding when done carefully. Such a shirt with a well chosen solid wool tie under a handsome tweed can look very rich. Unfortunately, as I was still dressing mainly for business at the time, I only had my shirtmaker do one such, This mode of shirt, with French cuffs, can pair handsomely with an harmonious pair of intaglio sporting links. If such links are well chosen, and of the finest quality, this discreet 1/2" colorful decoration can be the ideal embellishment.

These links are exquisite, and would serve ideally for that purpose -

IntaglioLinks15-done.jpg

Last edited:

Flanderian

Connoisseur
Propercloth has some lovely tattersalls on sale and they will make a BD with French cuffs. Hmmm . . .
Just get out your checkbook, and be content with less exalted refinement, many such still being very nice, and equally attractive when worn. Remember, these are small objects, and the differences between the more pedestrian and truly exquisite are only visible when examined in closeup.

I'm not concerned with the supposed no-no of BD & French cuffs, yet were it I, I'd likely opt for spread collar. Would just seem more in keeping with the overall aesthetic.

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
Just get out your checkbook, and be content with less exalted refinement, many such still being very nice, and equally attractive when worn. Remember, these are small objects, and the differences between the more pedestrian and truly exquisite are only visible when examined in closeup.

I'm not concerned with the supposed no-no of BD & French cuffs, yet were it I, I'd likely opt for spread collar. Would just seem more in keeping with the overall aesthetic.
I dunno. Button down is more countryside.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
While would rather they had matching double sides, I don't find links with a simple solid precious metal back entirely objectionable, as I do the swivel backs. And these would be an interesting option for the gentleman who practices the are of fly fishing. -
IntaglioLinks45-done.jpg

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.