Charles Tyrwhitt business casual shirts

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by medhat, May 19, 2019.

1. medhat

medhat Super Member

United States
    Wisconsin
    Madison
    FYI (I think the sale is still going on), I just received two shirts ($29 each USD) from their business casual non-iron collection, and very pleasantly surprised (not really, I did expect them to be good). A great deal at the the price (it actually took me some sleuthing to find where I saw the promotion - it was Instagram).

Fabric is really great; I've always appreciated that CT has a larger selection of colors and fabric textures than does BB. Fit in the extra-slim I find very comparable to BB extra-slim, essentially interchangeable for me.

I was surprised at how very easy it was to steam out the packing wrinkles of the non-iron shirt, something I expect will come in handy in the future. Only part I didn't accommodate for was the absence of a chest pocket. It's a much cleaner look, but I'm kinda a pocket guy. I'll get used to it.

But overall, if anyone's looking for business casual (I'd feel very comfortable wearing the textured white shirt in a "regular" business setting) shirting this is a solid deal.

2. Andy

Andy Site Creator/Administrator Staff Member

United States
    California
    Palm Desert
    Admin Post
    medhat:

I agree that Charles Tyrwhitt shirts are a great value.

Nicholas Charles Tyrwhitt Wheeler is standing to my right at the last London AskAndy event.
    [​IMG]

And unlike other Members, I really like the non-iron feature.

Plus I firmly believe that no dress shirt should ever have a pocket!

They do not however have a sleeve gauntlet button, which I think is a requirement, but Nick does not and we've had several discussions about it!:)

medhat likes this.
  3. medhat

medhat Super Member

United States
    Wisconsin
    Madison
    Andy,

CT used to have gauntlet buttons (I have the shirts to prove it), but BB has long been buttonless on their gauntlets, so I suppose CT is in good company. But yes, nice shirts, regardless of price point, but even better when on sale!