Mute

United States
California
Diamond Bar
I pretty much buy most of my ties off ebay these days, with few exceptions like Sam Hober who can deliver more customized products.

cmoore

United States
CA
carlsbad
Found a pocket square that made me think of this tie:

which, for some reason, the forum is inserting upside down.... go figure. Whatever, pheasants and deer. It came as part of a lot I bought for cheap.

The one behind it is a fox hunt:

Not really representing. I don't ride or hunt. I am sometimes looking for stuff to go with red ties and kind of like the colorwheel perfect nature of the red/green comlementary colors. Thought it might be an interesting square with with the neutral cream of the dogs keeping it light colored and not too red and matchy matchy.

Once again, cheap ebay finds to match my cheap ties.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
Found a pocket square that made me think of this tie:

which, for some reason, the forum is inserting upside down.... go figure. Whatever, pheasants and deer. It came as part of a lot I bought for cheap.

The one behind it is a fox hunt:

Not really representing. I don't ride or hunt. I am sometimes looking for stuff to go with red ties and kind of like the colorwheel perfect nature of the red/green comlementary colors. Thought it might be an interesting square with with the neutral cream of the dogs keeping it light colored and not too red and matchy matchy.

Once again, cheap ebay finds to match my cheap ties.
I think they're both beautiful, and I love sporting prints. If the price is right, you can't got wrong! I know in the past I've gotten PS with one or a few particular things in mind to wear it with, only to find that it may not quite fulfill my expectations, but is just perfect with others I hadn't considered.

Large pictorial designs like this can often be quite versatile too as you'll only show a small portion of the whole, and each time you wear it, it can be different.

Sadly, I've developed a bit of an addiction to Drake's PS for which I've not found a desirable substitute.

cmoore

United States
CA
carlsbad
Sadly, I've developed a bit of an addiction to Drake's PS for which I've not found a desirable substitute.
Drakes I have seen are some very nice squares and they have a penchant for patterns that go with a lot. I totally get it.

I've got way too many squares. The crappy ones I started with never get chosen since I discovered the ebay and thrift store square, where I've gotten hand rolled edges and nice silk, sometimes for really cheap. They're all mostly squares I haven't paid much for for just the situation you said. I'll have an idea, based on a tie I might like, but won't like the combination in practice so i try again. Many of my favorite combinations were almost random.

I honestly don't know where I'll wear the dark navy and red one. It is blue, the cell phone makes it look almost black. But I'm sure I have a tie it'll work with somewhere. I can't really tell if I like colors until I have the tie and square in hand, next to my shirt. Good colors though, so it might find a tie to go with. The wool one works really with with a sport coat I have, so that one's a slam dunk.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts