"So when will there be a big AAAC get together somewhere OTHER than New York?"
...A refrain heard often around this board over the past two years.
October 28th, 2006 is your answer!
Chris Despos and I have been chatting for some time about having an AAAC get-together in the Windy City and October 28th works nicely. In attendance will be:
- Andy & the lovely Mrs. Gilchrist
- M.A, Mathew who is just opening up shop in Chicago for his bespoke shirt business.
- Alex Di Pietropaolo "a tailor" has agreed to give up a day of his retirement to join us and share his wealth of knowledge.
- Chris Despos of course since we'll be getting together at his studio.
- Jill and her decidedly lesser half
- A few other guests perhaps who we'll let you know about when we know if scheduling can be worked out.
- Where: Chris Despos' studio: 34 East Oak Street, 3rd Floor Chicago
- When: Saturday, 10/28/2006 2PM-TBD
- What: Meet your friends, get a chance to ask questions, see new ideas, fabrics etcetera
- Who: Ask Andy members, friends & guests
- Dress: My camera will be present, allow peer pressure and your conscience to guide you.
UPDATE: Forum members are invited to visit the world famous workshop of Oxxford Clothes. Oxxford has graciously agreed to give us a tour! This will be on FRIDAY, 10/27/06 from 8:00-10:00 AM.