gaseousclay

United States
Minnesota
Minneapolis
Can any of you recommend an online retailer that sells quality CXL belts? I'm looking for something to match my indy boots. So far I've come across Rancourt & Co. and some seller on Etsy. Does Rancourt offer coupon codes by chance? I'd like to keep the cost under $100 if possible. I'm open to other sources if you know of any

gaseousclay

United States
Minnesota
Minneapolis
Have you looked at Mitchell Leather? Best known for drool-worthy briefcases, they also do belts and seem to have access to a ton of CXL varieties. They probably make you a good match.

http://www.mitchell-leather.com/menscustombelts_FEQV.html

Send an e-mail to them - Dave will likely answer back and they seem easy to work with.
They have very nice belts, unfortunately, the CXL belt I want costs $189, which is more than I'm willing to spend

At Law

United States
Nebraska
Omaha
Brooks Brothers has a nice look CXL belt that I am considering purchasing.

Robert Patrick

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
Virginia
Warrenton
They have very nice belts, unfortunately, the CXL belt I want costs $189, which is more than I'm willing to spend
Holy Mackerel! Sorry to have steered you to such an expensive item - I never paid attention to their belt prices, I just recalled seeing them when looking at their briefcases.

FWIW their CXL briefcases are $1500+ so I guess the belt price is not surprising!

gaseousclay

United States
Minnesota
Minneapolis
Holy Mackerel! Sorry to have steered you to such an expensive item - I never paid attention to their belt prices, I just recalled seeing them when looking at their briefcases.

FWIW their CXL briefcases are $1500+ so I guess the belt price is not surprising!
No worries. The thing is, I can afford the belt but why should I pay $80 more for a CXL belt when I can get it from Rancourt & Co for $105 shipped? The only upside to the Mitchell CXL belt is that it has the contrast stitching, which means it would be a perfect match to my Indy boots. The Rancourt belt has matching stitching but it's not a deal breaker for me

gaseousclay

United States
Minnesota
Minneapolis
Brooks Brothers has a nice look CXL belt that I am considering purchasing.
That's a dress belt. I'm looking for something that's 1.50" and is meant more for casual wear. Rancourt fits the bill nicely

At Law

United States
Nebraska
Omaha
This?
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Chromexcel®-Calfskin-Belt/MV00105_____KHAK_34_______,default,pd.html

I bought one online and when I opened the box the color was "natural," not tan and nothing like the pictures on the website. The buckle is also oddly made. The tongue bends outward causing the leather within the frame to protrude.
Yes, that is the one. Hmm, that is odd about the color and the odd design of the buckle.
I was planning on purchasing that belt this evening with the 30% off special running today.
Based on you having gone down that road, I have reconsidered my purchase.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts