George3

I bought a beach hat a while back in this beige color. It is nice color and good for blocking the sun. I just noticed there are lot of dark stains on it.

Now I have no idea how long these stains has been on it. I basically put it in a plastic see through bag and leave it on the floor upside down. And it wasn't until recently I noticed those marks surrounding it.

Can someone tell me how I can clean this beach hat if I can still do it? I feel a bit foolish now because when I first saw these stains, I took some Lysol wipes and tried to wipe them out and that did not work.

My concern is could the Lysol wipes I used cause permanent damage to it? I read that washing it wrong could damage it. Can anyone please give me any advice on this. I can post pictures on it as well if you want? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Woofa

Pics would help along with anything you about the material the hat is made of? Was it an expensive hat? Then maybe best to bring to a professional. Could this be some type of hair lotion or gel or similar that you had and got transferred to the hat?

George3

Hey all. Here the pictures I took. As you can see, there is a bit of stain on the inside of the hat... but the outside of the hat... you see the dark stains there. Are these pictures good enough?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.