Comfortable and sober shoes

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by OldRaincoat, Apr 15, 2019 at 6:34 AM.

1. OldRaincoat

OldRaincoat Starting Member

Italy
    emilia-romagna
    ferrara
    I'm looking for very comfortable "hybrid" shoes sneakers-alike to dress in spring and fall mostly for walking but I want to use them in a quite formal environment as an office is. They've not to be elegant nor sporty and I'd prefer they'd be made of leather. My limit is around 100$ and I don't care about brands and esthetics.
    My gauge is merrell sprint blast which were perfect for my feet and lasted much time. They were also very sober and i guess I got the most "anonymous" model, the j39149, so I dressed them at office with no issues. I'm considering Ecco shoes too because I can get them at my local amazon but I don't know them and can't try them so I'd like to ask you a comparison with merrell for comfortableness. Anyway everything you can buy at EU web market can be considered :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019 at 11:50 AM
  2. Woofa

Woofa Super Member

United States
    Texas
    Fort Worth
    Hello. Welcome to the forums. Just to clarify, the picture you show looks to be a black leather sneaker as opposed to a shoe. This would not pair up well with what most here would consider business wear.
    Still you could wear these casually with cotton pants and a polo for casual wear.
    Your example is at odds with a quite formal office and really do not match anything above jeans or khaki type pants.
    Sorry I have no recommendations for similar. Would you think of moving up to a actual leather shoe with laces? Probably going to be difficult in your price range. Can you possibly move up. I would hope any well fitting shoe should be comfortable enough for basic wear/walking.

HanEyeAm likes this.
  3. Zengineer

Zengineer New Member

United States
    MICHIGAN
    Bruce Township
    Surely something like these Timberlands would be better for an office setting. Doc Marten is another option. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

4. Color 8

Color 8 Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    PA - Pennsylvania
    Philadelphia
    I have been seeing A LOT of old guys who have decided that they can wear black sneakers with suits.

Please don't be one of them.
    You are not going to find a shoe that's as comfortable as a sneaker, but you should be able to find a shoe that you can live with during your work day

5. eagle2250

eagle2250 Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator

Harmony, FL
    United States
    Florida
    Harmony
    Take a look at the shoes offered by Nike, featuring a dress shoe upper and an athletic shoe sole. It would not be a perfect shoe for an office environment, but would be better suited than what the OP is considering. :icon_scratch:

6. icky thump

icky thump Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    NY
    Pleasantville
    I prefer Blundstones or similar Chelsea boots. Acceptable business footwear and as comfortable as sneakers. They can be a little bit more but only barely so on Amazon, if you know your size.

7. SG_67

SG_67 Connoisseur

United States
    Illinois
    Chicago
    You mentioned Ecco and I would urge you to try that.

I don’t own any myself, but have heard good things about them. It’s worth a look.

Your budget does tend to limit your options. You may have to go the off price route. Good luck.

8. OldRaincoat

OldRaincoat Starting Member

Italy
    emilia-romagna
    ferrara
    Ok guys, sorry for my mistake but my english is plenty of rust: I wanted to mean both "shoes" and "sneakers". I just forgot to specify a pair of sneakers will be good for my goal, can you forgive me please? :) I've already got "shoes" in the sense of formal shoes for business time and elegant shoes for proper happenings, therefore I'm looking for a... "serious/conservative" pair of sneakers, I mean with sober colors like black or brown and one not contrasting with the others. My goal is comfort so if sneakers are better as Color 8 said I'll get them and not shoes.
    I hope that explanation sounds less odd as Woofa defined my first one :)
    Let me point to some other options I found on UE amazons: they're a pair of mephisto and 2 ecco's (indianapolis and derby).
    Anyway I correct my mistake and add "sneakers" to my 1st post :)

Attached Files:

9. Zengineer

Zengineer New Member

United States
    MICHIGAN
    Bruce Township
    I'm not sure how most of us will be able to help. I have dress shoes, dress boots, casual boots, casual shoes, work boots, hunting boots, snow boots, boat shoes, bowling shoes....and sneakers. You are looking for a hybrid that I can't warm up to.

Your best bet if you aren't terribly fussy is going to be the clearance area of a giant online retailer.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

10. TKI67

TKI67 Senior Member

United States
    Texas
    Austin
    I’d suggest for comfort oriented shoes in that price range that you look at Rockports. For pure sneakers I’ve never worn any more comfortable than Nike airs. Another pair of Merrells would also be an excellent choice. Lastly and somewhat amazingly a pair of black Toms with black soles would be very workable and comfortable.

TerryM likes this.