Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
'20s and distaff, but so cool, I had to post.
View attachment 34075

And more of our usual fare (might I note the white bucks w/red soles).
View attachment 34076
Both very cool!

The top illustration reminds me of the the style that Laurence Fellows worked in prior to the very different one he evolved for AA/Esquire.

I really like the cut and fit in the bottom illustration, it's close to my personal paradigm, particularly the cut of the trousers on the gent on the right. 20-years ago, I might have been tempted to try to pull of a slightly less flamboyant version of that rig.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
Both very cool!

The top illustration reminds me of the the style that Laurence Fellows worked in prior to the very different one he evolved for AA/Esquire.

I really like the cut and fit in the bottom illustration, it's close to my personal paradigm, particularly the cut of the trousers on the gent on the right. 20-years ago, I might have been tempted to try to pull of a slightly less flamboyant version of that rig.
You can feel an Egyptian-art influence in the illustrations from the '20s. I wonder if there's more to that than I think, since, with the discovery of King Tut's tomb in '22, there was a period of Egyptian mania in the US in the '20s.

In the bottom pic, as you note, the trouser on the gent to the right has a wonderful line.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
You can feel an Egyptian-art influence in the illustrations from the '20s. I wonder if there's more to that than I think, since, with the discovery of King Tut's tomb in '22, there was a period of Egyptian mania in the US in the '20s.

In the bottom pic, as you note, the trouser on the gent to the right has a wonderful line.
This is Fellows' earlier style to which I referred -

1567107001245.png

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts