eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
^^
The picture reminded me of the late, great Red Skelton's Clem Kadiddlehopper. We need to bring back those old smal screen comedies! :)

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
A couple more from the Pepsi series:
8cebf64eaaf473a767c3aac1a41d8256.jpg
63d11f8f47e4815e91d8a94fcc1d86c3.jpg

At least in these two (and the previous one), I've noticed that Pepsi clearly positioned the woman in front. It's just fun to be aware of the advertising strategy when you see several of the ads from a series together.

Peak and Pine

Honors Member
United States
Maine
Mars Hill
This is a f***ed up post. Don't ask. The first part belongs in the 50s ad thread, and the second am not sure, written based on something Eagle said about Red Skelton somewhere.

^.

This is the famous Pepsi ad known to us lovers of the macabre as The one where the artist croaked before he could finish the guy's leg.

^^
The picture reminded me of the late, great Red Skelton's Clem Kadiddlehopper. We need to bring back those old smal screen comedies! :)
Get a subscription to Sirius/XM satellite radio. Punch up channel 148, Classic Radio. Red Skelton and Jack Benny radio shows on a lot. It's harder to be funny on radio than tee vee, just as it's harder to be funny in writing than in person. (I know about this, as many here will disgustedly testify.) Benny on radio is phenominal. As is Phil Harris. And the Bickersons. Some are less so, tho cute, Our Miss Brooks with the incomparable Eve Arden. Duffy's Tavern is quite good with a good premise. Some famous ones are flat out obnoxious, Fibber Magee, Gildersleeve. But well worth the $12 a month, plus Doctor Radio, every MLB game anywhere, audio to all the cable news shows and a zillion music channels. So you can hear your two favorites, Imagine Dragons and Dr. Laura 'round the clock.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
^^
All my life I have preferred Coca Cola over Pepsi, but as depicted in those illustrations in the post above, clearly I have been wrong. My social opportunities would have been improved if my drink of preference had been Pepsi! LOL. ;)

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
^^
All my life I have preferred Coca Cola over Pepsi, but as depicted in those illustrations in the post above, clearly I have been wrong. My social opportunities would have been improved if my drink of preference had been Pepsi! LOL. ;)
Oh dear God, those super-fantastic people in the Pepsi ads would never have have anything to do with me. Women like the one in the red top/shorts/socks walk right through me.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
^^
Oh dear God, those super-fantastic people in the Pepsi ads would never have have anything to do with me. Women like the one in the red top/shorts/socks walk right through me.
I find the young lady bowler most fetching! My kindergarten teacher wore pleated tartan skirts, (All be it long ones.) and for the rest of my life I've been fond of them. 😏

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts